Toronto home: Power and Adelaide | 78.33m | 22s | Great Gulf | Core Architects

Taken – 06/01/2020

IMG_4097.jpeg

I'm a little worried about this one based on how the latest crop of Core buildings have turned out, but I'm hopeful that Great Gulf and Hullmark will demand good detailing here. The Allenbury gardens buildings are a good example of looking good in photos but rough IRL.

The borg cube riseth. This building is really going to be a significant presence when entering downtown from the east. Hope the details are well executed here, as it'll help block out East United from certain vantage points.

Reactions: MOB
The borg cube riseth.
Yeah, this, Time and Space, and Minto Westside are, to me, pretty good embodiments of the misaligned priorities at the Planning Department; there just have to be better guidelines for block-busters like these if this is the quality and form that developers are going to give in response.
block out East United from certain vantage points
This is undoubtedly a saving grace, and should form a new planning principle for buildings in the downtown east side :)

Yeah, this, Time and Space, and Minto Westside are, to me, pretty good embodiments of the misaligned priorities at the Planning Department; there just have to be better guidelines for block-busters like these if this is the quality and form that developers are going to give in response.

This is undoubtedly a saving grace, and should form a new planning principle for buildings in the downtown east side :)
Part of what was so good about HPA's initial Time & Space proposal was precisely that it did break down the enormous massing into a series of manageable frontages.

I strongly believe this development will not be done on time - the expected date was Dec 2020.
Anyone have any idea how much they can get done in 6 months? 🧐

I strongly believe this development will not be done on time - the expected date was Dec 2020.
Anyone have any idea how much they can get done in 6 months? 🧐

The first couple of floors are formed now all around the site, which should make the remainder of the vertical expanse relatively quicker to build. However, the rise will still take longer than usual considering how large the overall building will be.

Looks like they're on around the 4th floor at the northeastern section of the site. If work remains steady then my estimate is that they may be able to reach around the 15-20th floor before the end of the year. Basing that off if they can complete approximately 1-floor every 2 weeks or less on average. In terms of full occupancy, it may be around mid-2021 or later before that can happen to complete all the interior work.

Back