Toronto Waterfront Innovation Centre | 53.03m | 11s | Waterfront Toronto | Sweeny &Co

Just kinda patiently waiting for this one to be built so I can take stock of how much of a disaster Waterfront East is turning out to be architecturally.

I agree there are disappointing projects in the area from Sweeny, aA, HPA, RAW, & Kirkor, but we have some good ones as well:

Aqualuna - 3XN
The Arbour - MTA
Monde - Moshe Safdie
Aquabella - 3XN
3C block PL1 - Adamson
T3 Bayside - 3XN

Not to mention whatever the future holds for quayside.

EA35057F-50A4-4414-A963-AE328AA5A79C.jpeg

Hi! Does anyone know what’s that project that they are working on right next to this site on Queens Quay East? You can see it on the left on the photo above. They’ve been working there for almost a year now and it’s not clear what they are doing and why.

Hi! Does anyone know what’s that project that they are working on right next to this site on Queens Quay East? You can see it on the left on the photo above. They’ve been working there for almost a year now and it’s not clear what they are doing and why.
Are you talking about the construction that reduces QQ to 2 lanes in front of the eastern half of this project? I have always assumed it had something to do with this project, but I’m not sure.

Are you talking about the construction that reduces QQ to 2 lanes in front of the eastern half of this project? I have always assumed it had something to do with this project, but I’m not sure.

Yes, exactly! I am curious to know what it is and how long it will take to finalize.

Thank you! It's pretty cool that this building will be using low-carbon energy solutions. I hope they finish it soon, it just makes the area so messy.

Weird. That's a really strange way to crate curtainwall (or windowwall*?) It's almost universally crated on its side so that frames can be rolled out of the crate, and it helps prevent the frames from bowing in transit. That'll be zero fun for the poor sods that have to get those frames out.

*Also, no pockets on the edge of slab for curtainwall anchors? Is this thing going to be windowwall?

Weird. That's a really strange way to crate curtainwall (or windowwall*?) It's almost universally crated on its side so that frames can be rolled out of the crate, and it helps prevent the frames from bowing in transit. That'll be zero fun for the poor sods that have to get those frames out.

*Also, no pockets on the edge of slab for curtainwall anchors? Is this thing going to be windowwall?
Who cares, the innovation will sure to be mind-boggling!

Back