Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

B5DBB185-43E3-4A56-9425-449771CBE7BA.jpeg

Pleased with this so far. A solid 7.5/10.

Love how the eastern end of downtown is developing. The expanded geographic footprint of downtown looked extremely ambitious 10 years ago. From Liberty Village in the west to the Canary District in the east and from Lake Ontario in the south to Davenport to the north, it's steadily being stitched together.

Pleased with this so far. A solid 7.5/10.

Love how the eastern end of downtown is developing. The expanded geographic footprint of downtown looked extremely ambitious 10 years ago. From Liberty Village in the west to the Canary District in the east and from Lake Ontario in the south to Davenport to the north, it's steadily being stitched together.
From past experience, it's too soon to start with the praise. The main problems with the plans were that the building occupied virtually all of the site and the height/density of the 2 towers. It's hard to tell, yet, how it will meet the sidewalk but I wish the sidewalks (esp. @ Sherbourne & Front) were wider and the towers are still at the height of older buildings adjacent and have not yet really started. There is also the use of black 'brick', rather than the red/yellow brick that is/was the predominant thing in 'old town'. I hope it works (I live nearby) but .....

Back