Toronto 2323 Yonge | 133.6m | 37s | RioCan | DIALOG

A zoom-in:

KxnGWCA.png

Those are some crazy high ceiling heights in the office space.. 5.4m floor to floor, with the top floor being over 7m!

Makes me wonder if they have a specific tenant in mind or something that is demanding such crazy heights.

Just an FYI, my speculation about Bregman Hamann is referring to the beautiful existing office structure at 2323 Yonge, not the proposal that's just been submitted.
Huh, E.I. Richmond. Yet another incredibly strong, mid-century firm which has bent the knee to hideous window-wall cladding systems and cheapo developers.

What a load. This area is going to be more like North York in a bad way soon....and I 'can't wait' :mad:
In all seriousness, this is one site I would love to have remain as is and not redeveloped. Maybe fix the landscaping, but the current building is a masterful design.

This city loves to tear down these nice 60s/70s concrete facade building. To build cheap glass podiums in its place. They should have a bylaw on keeping old nice facades up or at least replicating the old facade again with new invaded materials to preserve its past! They're making the same mistake as the past in the sixties. When they torn down all those Victorian buildings and regret it today. !!
By the way I like this proposal but not at the expense of knocking down what's here!

If they consider keeping and incorporating the current design into the office component and have the residential component do something interesting yet subtle, I may stop wishing this project would die before it ever reached LPAT.

Was already firmly in the camp that was sad at the prospect of losing the existing building. With this awful design revealed, there is nothing to look forward to in this proposal.

This new building is tacky as hell and everyone involved with the business venture to demolish such a work of beauty only to replace it with an inelegant piece of budget despair should be ashamed of themselves and really reflect on what they're contributing to the world. I hope the money brings them no happiness.

Last edited:
How can we ensure the existing building at 2323 is incorporated into a new project?
There's no way to ensure it. One can try to impress upon the local councillor, Josh Matlow, that it's urgently worth pressing the Toronto Preservation Board to consider it for heritage designation.

This is amateurish even for Toronto. There's zero relationship between the podium and tower. There's a feature corner that appears out of no where. Maybe it's me.

Back