News   Apr 25, 2024
 169     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

^Eh i'm not a fan. I really liked the rustic, wall chipping look of Finch. The new wall just looks fake, and out of place.

View attachment 255668
It's hard to believe that Finch station is the longest-serving terminal TTC subway station in history since it opened in 1974.

It would be over half a century old when it ceases to be the terminal station.

Ignoring whether or not this was a good idea, I assume this came about because those are the colours of an actual Finch.
But it would look much better broken up with some white panels.

Think you may actually be right. I kinda like it, tho think it could be a bit more of a cheerful/modern yellow.

It's hard to believe that Finch station is the longest-serving terminal TTC subway station in history since it opened in 1974.

It would be over half a century old when it ceases to be the terminal station.
Kipling would take over as the oldest terminal station since Kennedy would cease to be a terminal station since SSE would be in service.

Also, I just noticed you're also a Wikipedia editor!

Let me provide a dissenting opinion on the colour: I like it!

Can’t speak to the actual implementation (ie material choices, installation, etc.)

Looks like a transit-priority scheme for Eglinton East of Kennedy will be unveiled in the morning by the Mayor.

This was expected to be the first 'priority' route. Makes sense he's pre-announcing before the TTC Agenda drops.

Scoop via Ben Spurr

1594160763690.png

Someone should ask Tory at the presser what progress he's been making with the Eglinton East LRT. I'm sure it's much further along and almost shovel ready, right? :rolleyes:

Probably open just a little later than Smarttrack! I mean, it doesn't look so smart now, with one more year to go.

AoD

Someone should ask Tory at the presser what progress he's been making with the Eglinton East LRT. I'm sure it's much further along and almost shovel ready, right? :rolleyes:
Wild guess but it's also possible it could be for the EELRT. It is a transit announcement but yeah most likely for the bus lanes.

Wild guess but it's also possible it could be for the EELRT. It is a transit announcement but yeah most likely for the bus lanes.
You never know, maybe Tory magically found a couple hundred million dollars in his bedtime dreams! Those protests outside his condo were rough yesterday so i'd forgive him for having a little delusion right now.

Depends upon what Premier Mayor Doug Ford decides.
Well it's a City of Toronto initiative now, so Doug couldnt care less about what happens here. That's unless he's decided it's time to scrap the Eglinton East LRT and fund an Eglinton East subway to Pickering.

You never know, maybe Tory magically found a couple hundred million dollars in his bedtime dreams! Those protests outside his condo were rough yesterday so i'd forgive him for having a little delusion right now.

Well it's a City of Toronto initiative now, so Doug couldnt care less about what happens here. That's unless he's decided it's time to scrap the Eglinton East LRT and fund an Eglinton East subway to Pickering.
First phase would only reach Kingston Rd

Report on bus priority lanes is up:

1594218696823.png

From the report:

Bus lanes on the Eglinton East corridor are anticipated to increase transit reliability and reduce transit travel time on average between two-to-five minutes per trip. These time and reliability savings present an opportunity to achieve operating budget savings of 500 fewer service hours per week, equivalent to about $2.5 million per year and a capital cost avoidance of seven fewer peak buses equivalent to approximately $6.3 million.

The Eglinton East corridor is 10.9-km in length and runs from Kennedy Station to the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus (UTSC). It follows three major streets: Eglinton Avenue East, Kingston Road and Morningside Avenue. The service would be an interim solution to the future Eglinton East LRT service. The existing HOV lanes would be converted to priority bus lanes, while curbside general purpose lanes on Kingston Road and Morningside Avenue would be converted to priority bus lanes

Through the implementation of the bus lane on the corridor, stops would also be consolidated to speed up service and mimic the proposed LRT stops. Figure 3 shows the proposed service and stops on the corridor

1594219097153.png

Note, that at this time, bus lanes will only be implemented from Brimley Road to Ellesmere Road. Construction of the Scarborough Subway Extension by Metrolinx is expected to start in spring 2021, which will require lane closures from Kennedy Station to Brimley Road. Once construction is complete, it is anticipated that bus lanes will be extended west to Kennedy Station. During the Scarborough Subway Extension

1594219168491.png

Last edited:

Back