News   Apr 18, 2024
 565     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Plexiglas isn't cheap, plus the cost of installation. One local business told me their first quote for about 7'x3' probably 3/16" was $1,000 for one customer contact station. After all this is said and done, that is a sunk cost. I've offered to relieve them of that burden for pennies on the dollar. ;)

Yeah, that's low-margin businesses, as I said.

My business, a 1000$ one-time cost translates into nothing per customer. Ok, so maybe a fiver per project for the next three years or something. I'm not even going to charge that because it will cost me more to remember to add that to the estimates as they come along.

I showed my wife the story about the park full of people and she was livid about it. Just so irresponsible.

Trinity Bellwoods is overrated and I avoid it at the best of times, but whatever the hell is happening there now is probably some sort of mass self-culling. Let's just let it be.

Just walk away, slowly. The degens won't notice. It's hard to go too far from home when you're coming off two weeks of huffing poppers and nitrous.

Regarding the topic of salons reopening:

A hairstylist worked while symptomatic and exposed 91 people to coronavirus

Sat May 23, 2020

A hairstylist with coronavirus worked for eight days this month while symptomatic, exposing as many as 91 customers and coworkers in Missouri, health officials said.

The case highlights the threats of community spread in the United States as businesses reopen after weeks of restrictions to combat the spread of coronavirus.

Trinity Bellwoods is overrated and I avoid it at the best of times, but whatever the hell is happening there now is probably some sort of mass self-culling. Let's just let it be.

Just walk away, slowly. The degens won't notice. It's hard to go too far from home when you're coming off two weeks of huffing poppers and nitrous.

I am looking to the Doug Ford rant tomorrow.

Is anyone using cash less during the pandemic?

Is anyone using cash less during the pandemic?

Yeah, I went debit at Metro, mostly, in the last two months.

I normally prefer cash because I don't need anyone knowing where I spend my money and it's easier to keep track of spending that way, but they've been pleading for no cash.

I only do cash at my local shop though.

I only accept cash, so that's just how I prefer to roll.

Germans are very cash heavy still, bless them. I'm just taking part in that part of my heritage, I guess.

Ever since my trip to Iceland from a couple years I've been living a cash less lifestyle. Makes things easier to keep track and budget, also less trips to the bank and surfaces to touch especially in times like this. Just get in, find what I need, then tap to pay and go.

We need to get better at contact tracing, since it's clearly not just a bunch of old people in nursing homes spreading this virus.
On any given day in the past month, the province hasn’t been able to account for the source of exposure for more than two-thirds of reported cases of the virus. This is because the cases are due to community spread — where the source has been determined to be “unknown” — or they are still being investigated by local public health units.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ovid-19-cases-originate-on-any-given-day.html

We need to get better at contact tracing, since it's clearly not just a bunch of old people in nursing homes spreading this virus.
Old people in nursing homes were never spreading this virus. Young and mobile people brought the virus to them. Old people in nursing homes are just the most likely to die from it. Imagine if this virus killed infants.

Are you even a real person? Legit question.

Picknicking has been a thing across continents and ages and age groups.
We all love a picnic, with food, drink, blanket, etc. sharing with family and friends, kids running around, good times. This is not that...

Toronto-city-officials-are-outraged-by-the-huge-crowd-at.jpeg

Years ago I suggested Toronto could use a few walled urban parks, like they have in the UK, Vancouver and Halifax. They would have good use today in limiting access to a maximum safe number.

Last edited:
Sweden 'wrong' not to shut down, says former state epidemiologist

Sun 24 May 2020

Annika Linde, who oversaw Sweden’s response to swine flu and Sars as state epidemiologist from 2005 to 2013, had until now expressed support for her country’s approach under her successor, Anders Tegnell.

But she has now become the first member of the public health establishment to break ranks, saying she has changed her mind as a result of Sweden’s relatively high death toll compared with that of its neighbours, Denmark, Norway, and Finland.

“I think that we needed more time for preparedness. If we had shut down very early ... we would have been able, during that time, to make sure that we had what was necessary to protect the vulnerable,” Linde told the Observer.

For two days last week Sweden had the highest per capita death rate in the world on a seven-day rolling average, and the overall death toll is expected to pass 4,000 this weekend.

Per capita death rates in Denmark, Finland and Norway, which all put in place far-reaching lockdowns, are now, respectively, four, seven and nine times lower than that of Sweden.

Coronavirus: German doctors warn of second wave ahead of holiday season

Lockdown restrictions are continuing to ease as the European summer vacation season approaches. But as people gather on beaches and in bars, experts warn that large crowds could spark a fresh wave of infections.

Back