News   Apr 22, 2024
 796     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 267     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 673     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Shouldn't the lottery games (IE. Lotto Max, Lotto 6/49, Poker Lotto, Daily Keno, Cash for Life, etc.) be suspended? The OLG Prize Centres are closed.

See link. People are still going to convenience stores, drug stores, for the lotteries. Even the on-line versions should be closed.
I must agree, but it would be very difficult to convince people not to shell out money for a chance to win $70,000,000 in the upcoming Lotto Max draw. The draw should no doubt be suspended, and once the pandemic is over, a few Maxmillions draws can be temporarily added.

I must agree, but it would be very difficult to convince people not to shell out money for a chance to win $70,000,000 in the upcoming Lotto Max draw. The draw should no doubt be suspended, and once the pandemic is over, a few Maxmillions draws can be temporarily added.

One whoever wins the $70,000,000, the terminals should be put off-line, along with the on-line games.

Sitting on the front porch in some afternoon sun with a glass of red, and for the first time in years reading an actual paper non-fiction book. Timing the dog walks is tricky with so many people and many clueless about separation, usually I go first thing in the morning to the necropolis.

Sitting on the front porch in some afternoon sun with a glass of red, and for the first time in years reading an actual paper non-fiction book. Timing the dog walks is tricky with so many people and many clueless about separation, usually I go first thing in the morning to the necropolis.

I decided to learn Portuguese on Duolingo myself in anticipation of a trip to Brazil in January.

Well, I'll say this, it was, on balance, a lovely day out.........I drove up to Windfields Park in North York, which follows Wilket Creek.....it was easy to maintain social distance though there were a fair few people out......followed the trail up to York Mills, walked along to the Rail Trail parallel to Leslie and down and circled back to get the car, a nice 8km jaunt.

Rail trail was a bit more crowded but not excessively, though I wouldn't have wanted it any busier.

Thereafter I picked up some groceries, including the ingredients for Caesar Salad, for which I'm making my own dressing.......w/roasted garlic croutons, and apple-wood smoked bacon, and I'm going to munch on that for dinner with a lovely glass of Baco Noir on the balcony.

Have to make the most of one's days.

I'm currently listening to Beethoven's 9th, by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, one of many orchestras and opera companies putting a large chunk of their material, online for free.

A fine background while perusing UT before dinner!

Link: https://meetmeattheopera.com/free-streaming-cross-the-globe-opera-classical-music-full-schedule/

Last edited:
I decided to learn Portuguese on Duolingo myself in anticipation of a trip to Brazil in January.
Nice. Good for the brain too. I’m booked to visit Yorkshire and London UK in early August. It had better still be on! I haven’t been to the homeland in 15 years. But if it’s not, I’ve confirmed my TD Expedia Visa cancelation insurance will reimburse me for most of it.

My wife just made scones for the first time ever! The whole clan is now at the table with a pot of Murchies looseleaf, raisin scones, Devon cream and Greaves black current jam. I think this is dinner. Or breakfast for my teenagers who at 5pm finally got out of bed.

Nice. Good for the brain too. I’m booked to visit Yorkshire and London UK in early August. It had better still be on! But if it’s not, I’ve confirmed my TD Expedia Visa will reimburse me for most of it.

My wife just made scones for the first time ever! The whole clan is now at the table with a pot of Murchies looseleaf, raisin scones, Devon cream and Greave’s black current jam. I think this is dinner. Or breakfast for my teenagers who at 5pm finally got out of bed.

The teenagers can stand guard over night against roving wolves, raccoons, sabre-tooth tigers, or other neanderthals.

8 GTA firefighters test positive for COVID-19, officials say

6 firefighters have COVID-19 in Toronto, 1 in Mississauga and 1 in Oakville

Laura Howells · CBC News · Posted: Mar 29, 2020 3:10 PM ET

At least eight firefighters in the GTA have tested positive for COVID-19, CBC News has learned, including six in Toronto, one in Mississauga and one in Oakville.

None of the Toronto firefighters have been hospitalized and all are self-isolating, said Frank Ramagnano, president of the Toronto Firefighters Association. He said the six firefighters tested positive over the past two weeks.

While some of the affected firefighters worked closely together, a few of them did not. Ramagnano says more than 200 firefighters are now in self-isolation, either due to travel or COVID-19 exposure. He says the two latest cases were already self-quarantining.

I put smaller items in those clear plastic bags you find in the produce department while I shop. For plastic and canned items I give them a rinse with hot water when I get home. While for some boxed items I remove the box right away if there's a plastic wrapping within or can be poured into containers like cereal.

Construction worker tests positive for coronavirus as Ontario releases more guidelines for sites

BY NEWS STAFF
POSTED MAR 29, 2020 2:05 PM EDT

A Toronto construction worker has tested positive for COVID-19, prompting a temporary shutdown of the entire site.

Aquicon Construction confirmed to CityNews that the worker was stationed at a site on Bathurst Street near Sheppard Avenue.

They say the worker had not been on site since March 17 and was diagnosed with COVID-19 on March 26, after they began showing symptoms two days prior to the positive test.

Back