News   Apr 23, 2024
 130     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 345     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Well, look at all that money Thug is throwing at healthcare...

The chicken comes home to roost.

Without letting the current government off the hook in any way, under funding of healthcare in Ontario is not a recent phenomenon.

Significant wait times, above those recommended in medical guidelines have been an ongoing issue since the Harris years, and throughout the McGuinty and Wynne periods in office.

I'd hasten to add they almost certainly pre-dated Harris, although, likely not quite as bad, but we don't have very good data that far back on wait times.

We have also seen a continual reduction in hospital beds per capita, diagnostics per capita and other key areas of the system; along with a shortage of long-term care beds that has been steadily worsening for about 8 years now as the Baby Boomers have begun to age in to needing long-term care; and the requisite number of new beds have not been built.

I will then go on to add, while there certainly is new money being thrown about; its not all going to address needs I listed above.

Its mostly focused, as it should be in the current crisis, on PPE, Ventilators, Beds, ICU Beds and the like.

That still leaves a host of other areas under-funded, and that assumes much of the crisis funding in base-lined in future years, something we don't know yet.

Last edited:

How are the Ontario Liberals polling so well when Doug is relatively popular?

How are the Ontario Liberals polling so well when Doug is relatively popular?

It reminds me of the early days of the Trump ascension when the pundits held their breath waiting for him to appear presidential. Well, we know the outcome of that wishful thinking. Same with Doug, only now with the virus pandemic he actually sounds measured and empathetic, like a premier should. Don't be fooled. Leadership is a lot more than sounding engaged at the mike. The Liberals are the party in waiting, like it or not.

NEWSTALK1010 @NEWSTALK1010
39m

BREAKING: Ontario Premier Doug Ford announces new legislation aimed at price-gougers. Individuals caught could face $100,000 fine and a year in jail. Corporations: Director could face $500,000 fine and a year in jail, with corp. as a whole could face a $10 million fine. #onpoli

Good policy!

It's interesting hearing Doug, head of the PC party, railing against the free market, supply and demand and all of that. Don't get me wrong, I think price gouging is reprehensible, but I'm sensing some irony at work here.

It's really stunning actually - is this the same Doug we all love to hate?? He's been unrecognizable lately.

How would I go about reporting a store that is price gouging without being banned for life? They are setting up a tip line, but this needs to be called out,

Back