Toronto St Clair Place | 150m | 44s | Wittington | Diamond Schmitt

Thanks.

Jennifer Keesmaat (@jen_keesmaat) suggests this project is "Supported by local community groups."

I'm a bit curious which ones, to be honest.
While I'm sure replacing a parking lot with a POPS is popular, there's been recent opposition to other towers (as others in this thread have noted).
Does anyone know which community groups have come out in favor of the towers?

This site is listing this project as pre-construction...

Has an approval happened that we don't yet know about? I can't find any documents anywhere.

This site is listing this project as pre-construction...

Has an approval happened that we don't yet know about? I can't find any documents anywhere.
The project was approved years ago. Then they bought up several more lots and have re-applied for a larger and taller development.
So I assume the pre-construction designation is left over from the prior approvals.

Preliminary Report is up:

Usual discussions on massing and mid-block connections.

More interesting, Parks Dept appears to be most unhappy with the proposed dedication, look for a fight on that score.

From the report:

Parkland Dedication In total, the parkland dedication requirement is 1,699 square metres. The applicant proposes a 446 square metre stratified public park on Heath Street East. The park is proposed to be encumbered by the parking garage and the subway tunnel below. Staff are assessing the proposed parkland dedication and have identified the following issues:•the size, location, and configuration of the required on-site parkland dedication; and •the appropriateness and conditions related to any strata parkland conveyance.

Note that meeting the parkland dedication requirement, with or without encumbrances would substantially alter this proposal.

Just thought I would show folks what kind of area we are discussing if the City enforces the parkland dedication requirement.

In the image below, I picked the siting w/no inside info, I simply assumed that moving off of the subway tunnel would be deemed desirable, and that the park would not likely front Yonge Street; I then measured out the required size in a fairly conventional shape.

This compares with the proposal below:

Wow! This is so beautiful. Love the balconies and the podium area with those warm tone colours. It sure beats the black and white green blue standard colours. That are usually stand in our area. Of the new buildings that usually get built.

Yonge and St Clair seem to have some of the best designed condos in the boom
But unfortunately few

Back