Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

A zoom-in and flyover:

Toronto Model 02-01-20 One Yonge.png

Do you have a definition? Bet everyone on this forum has a different taste in "art"
Well, someone tagging his or his gang's name on a wall is, to me, like littering. Garbage and tagging are a blight on the urban landscape, and make me angry. They're emblematic of an antisocial, inconsiderate personality. Anything pictorial is by definition art, whether or not one personally appreciates it or finds it tacky or poorly drawn, but I do believe it should be sanctioned by the property owner first.

Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, pretty much everywhere but the picturesque tourist villages. Every day, regular Europe is covered in it. On the trains, the overpasses, side streets, bus shelters, etc. Some areas are better than others but Europe as a whole has a lot more of it, especially compared to Canada which is comparatively super clean. The fact that the TTC keeps it's entire infrastructure spotless is something most euro transit agencies could only dream of.

I don't even think its necessarily "worse", just they undoubtedly have much more.

Rome:

Rome_subway_graffiti.jpg

Bet everyone on this forum has a different taste in "art"

The issue isn't whether something is art or not but whether people have respect for property and/or consideration for others. If you own an object feel free to do paint it any way you wish. When you don't, you have no right to do so. (I said 'you' but this is not directed at you specifically). Perhaps there are just a lot more selfish inconsiderate people in Europe than here.

Last edited:
Or they are just trying to fool people by telling them that it is the tallest building. It is cool to brag about living in the tallest Residential building in Canada.

Like in most instances in life, simple ignorance is more likely than conspiracy. It could come down to an advertising type looking at the number of floors and concluding that this one has 10 more floors than The One, therefore this one is (obviously) taller (no need to even check).

Perhaps also considering The One dedicates 18 of the 85 floors to hotel and commercial space. One could make the argument it’s more in line with a mixed-use building.
One Yonge also has a hotel component, though likely not stacked as vertically as the former.

Curious what the "2.5 acres of public access green park space" they are referring to is? My understanding is that park to the east is part of Menkes' Sugar Wharf, not Pinnacle One Yonge. Perhaps they're referring to the POPS in the North-West corner of the site?

Back