News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 826     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

The Retail Apocalypse

The last time i was in a Carlton cards store was back in 90s when they had those greeting card machine kiosk's lol

Cards have become such a ridiculous price -- $10 to say happy birthday?
I got a bunch of Christmas cards at the Scotiabank Papyrus, which seems to be quite busy. They have always been expensive, but it was really over the top that time.

Bench is also closing, Interesting timing of all these fallen retailers after the holidays- guess Christmas sales didn't pan out, and that was their last chance?

I was at Sherway last night and wow. So much detail has closed/closing

Victoria secret/pink
RYU
Thomas Sabo
Jacardi
EB Games

That headline is rather misleading - we've always known that top malls are doing well; the issue is with everyone else.
AoD

Also the dek is hilarious. "There is no retail apocalypse because malls are making money by filling up with non-retail"

The Drake general store is closing at Sherway and so is London Links.

I went around the mall and counted 19 store fronts either closing, closed or never even opened. I feel CF dropped the ball making that mall into something that it isn't ment to be.

That headline is rather misleading - we've always known that top malls are doing well; the issue is with everyone else.

AoD
I’m a poor judge I’m afraid. I very rarely go to malls, or regularly buy anything physical beyond groceries. If the retail economy depended on my type it would go bust.

AoD

"Everyone else", will have to find a way to adapt around this current retail landscape. Expeirental or adding grocery stores or Walmarts is the way to go now. Malls like Woodbine Mall are failing for a reason.

Hundreds of Stores to Close in Canada in Early 2020 [Analysis]

January 23, 2020
By Craig Patterson

Back