Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

100% Leased, a very special world class tenant as the anchor, they will be making their announcement soon ,it won't come as a surprise when the announcement comes out as to who that tenant is, it's a world class international tenant this is a super flagship store, 80% sold according to Mizrahi.

100% Leased, a very special world class tenant as the anchor, they will be making their announcement soon ,it won't come as a surprise when the announcement comes out as to who that tenant is, it's a world class international tenant this is a super flagship store, 80% sold according to Mizrahi.

The Oracle has spoken. all hail the Oracle.
4979fb07464331a3c66d527d4529eaff.jpg

100% Leased...

With smaller developers (not Brookfield, Oxford, Cadillac Fairview) this typically refers to the space they've made available for sale at that time, which may be a fraction of what will be constructed.

That said, leasing all commercial space within The One should be ridiculously easy even with high rates.

This must be costing him tens of thousands a day. A mainstream news group will ultimately pick up this story even though there isn't much to say.
I figure it's costing him upwards of $70k + in interest for every workday that the site is shut down.

Last edited:
So are we thinking that the world class tenant being spoken of is Apple?

Just find it odd for it to be announced so early given Apple's track record. Makes me think that this is another tenant that is being discussed.

Raptor's remark from this morning has been deleted, along with the follow-ups. Sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated on UT, and in accordance with that Raptor has been banned. We'll be reviewing how long that ban will stand.

For future reference, it would be preferable that the first members to object would hit the Report link instead of quoting the offending post several times! In any case, thanks all!

I'm sure mainstream news have more important things to report on these days rather than a construction site being closed for a few weeks.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. This delay, the longer it goes on, will damage investors who purchased units in this building and at some point will lead to litigation.
Generally that type of thing is newsworthy.

Every single condo project in Toronto has had delays leading to people not getting their unit by the proposed date. How many of them have been reported on?
There are different types of delays. Some are weather related or accident on site triggering investigations etc I believe it is called force majeure.
A work-stop order that isn't remedied could be considered negligence on the developers part.

Raptor's remark from this morning has been deleted, along with the follow-ups. Sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated on UT, and in accordance with that Raptor has been banned. We'll be reviewing how long that ban will stand.

For future reference, it would be preferable that the first members to object would hit the Report link instead of quoting the offending post several times! In any case, thanks all!

I think it's worth updating you all on some behind-the-scenes goings-on. Raptor's initial "let's talk about this amongst the mods" ban was for four weeks, but he didn't last more than a couple hours before signing up as, get this, "notraptor". A bit of a provocation really, but it's enough to get permabanned: if you sign up a second account as a way to get around a ban of any length, it's grounds for a permanent ban. So, the lesson to be learned is if you provoke us into banning you temporarily, do not sign up with a second account as we have ways of discovering your nefarious doings, even if you don't use "not" in front of your earlier name, and your temporary ban will become one for the ages. Anyone can refresh themselves with the rules here.

Not sure that I fully agree. I think that such comments deserved to be called out

Back