News   Apr 26, 2024
 142     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 417     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

News from across Europe

Six dead in Czech hospital shooting

There have been multiple victims in a shooting at a hospital in the eastern Czech city of Ostrava. A man who police officers had been looking for as part of a manhunt fatally shot himself in the head.

Of course Ostrava.
Six dead in Czech hospital shooting

There have been multiple victims in a shooting at a hospital in the eastern Czech city of Ostrava. A man who police officers had been looking for as part of a manhunt fatally shot himself in the head.

That's messed up. I don't even know anyone over there who owns a gun. Gun crime in Czechia isn't really a thing.

Ostrava.....that place was always a bit messed up from the heavy industry and coal mines. During the communist years, people there were generally regarded as being....um......mentally deficient owing to industrial pollution.

It must be a massive shock for people there....they're just not used to shootings. There was one there a few years ago in a town south of here as well, but this sort of nonsense is rare.

A coalition was formed? Last I saw, some other lady was interim Chancellor while Kurz worked on picking a party to work with.

Well yes - his party won the most seats in the general election in October, so he will be chancellor again.

Protest in Prague: Over 50,000 rally against Czech Prime Minister Babis

"Resign! Resign!" chanted tens of thousands of protesters as they packed into the Czech capital. They urged Prime Minister Andrej Babis to step down from his post over accusations he misused millions in EU funds.

Best of luck. That rat Babiš survived the fall of communism and enriched himself on the fallout. He's a crafty little cockroach.
They'd need all of Praha there to do the ol' local special: defenestration.
Weird that the protest is now much smaller. Nothing has changed. Old rat informer still PM and old drunk communist party apparatchik still president.

Before summer, the government collapsed due to a scandal and he lost a vote of non-confidence, so he was not chancellor for the last half year or so.

Aha, I should pay more attention to Austria...I was um....."designed" there, if you know what I mean.

'Sardines' stage biggest anti-Salvini rally yet in Rome

Tens of thousands of people gathered in Rome for a rally organized by the "Sardines." The movement denounces Italy's far-right leader Matteo Salvini and his anti-immigration policies.

Thirty years on, will the guilty pay for horror of Ceaușescu orphanages?

By 1989, when the dictator was killed, up to 20,000 had died in Romania’s children’s homes. Now criminal cases may finally be brought

Shaun Walker
Sun 15 Dec 2019 08.05 GMT

A football story. A human story. I cried.

"What's your stamina, London man?"

Union have been one of the biggest surprises in the Bundesliga this season. 15 games in and they're hanging right in there in the Top 10 despite being smaller budget.

It would be nice to see them stay up in the first division and develop into a steady presence. I'd like to see the Berlin Derby become a yearly showdown.

As s Bundesliga follower, that's one thing which has been missing. A top flight capital city rivalry just like other European cities.

Back