Toronto id8 Downsview | ?m | ?s | Northcrest Developments | KPMB

Big news here. While the moving of the production facility will not formally close the airport, it will no longer have an active user. Makes me wonder what the new owner will formally close the airport or try to find a new user.

Anyone know if the college that uses the airport ever actually runs flights on it? They would have marginal uses at best though I'd imagine.

What about Longview (de havilland)? Didn't they say they will continue to assemble the dash-8's in Downsview?

The map in the video shows their facility in the area currently occupied by FedEx. Does that mean FedEx is getting a new facility?

The map in the video shows their facility in the area currently occupied by FedEx. Does that mean FedEx is getting a new facility?
I think these are roughly the lands they are using.
1575499888031.png

I heard it's going to be on the old McDonnell Douglas/Boeing lands which is right at the intersection of Derry and Airport Rds.
That for FedEx getting a new facility you mean? The map on Bombardier's video clearly shows the location at the western-most tip of the airport.

... the new owner will formally close the airport or try to find a new user...
If the new owner of the Downsview Airport property intends for it to continue being an airport, I assume they would want to keep the present user there along with hoping to attract other new ones. The fact that de Havilland Canada is also making plans to move out in 2023 would seem to indicate they've been told it will not continue to be an airport.
But we still don't know anything about what might be planned for the site after 2023.

Last edited:

Back