Toronto 860 Pharmacy | 104m | 31s | Starlight | Arcadis

Marcanadian

Member Bio
Reaction score
860 PHARMACY AVE
Ward 21 - Scarborough District

Three new buildings ranging in height from 15 to 34 storeys, a new public road, new open spaces, and an allowance for the future realignment of Craigton Drive with Ashtonbee Road.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA​
19 251045 ESC 21 OZ​
Nov 19, 2019​
Under Review​

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 8.44.32 AM.png

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing development applications across this area with increasing frequency.

More than likely. The older factory buildings are starting to give way to residential developments now that the area has hit a critical mass of residential vs industrial. Residential is so prevalent now that it is starting to push out the older factories in need of restoration. Keep in mind that most of the older buildings in the area are from WW2 to around 1960ish. They are starting to decay after years of neglect and the cost to repair the buildings are likely astronomical. It may be cheaper to sell than it would be to repair.

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing development applications across this area with increasing frequency.
Most of them so far have been as a response to the City's golden mile secondary plan. The amount of demand for condos in this area will mean it will probably take decades to build them all out.

Proposal is entirely rental.

248 replacement apartments
1,470 new market-rent apartments.

That would be a much needed boost to rental housing supply!

Based on the transportation study, I'm unclear as to whether the proponent can in fact deliver their proposed road network.

A key improvement, the realignment of Craighton, appears to require a third-party site to construct.

The second rendering is one of the most beautiful things I've seen on this forum. Way nicer than the designs that are just tower-in-the-park but with a low-rise podium instead of the park.

@PMT was out shaming me today, LOL, by going back into the UT archives an excavating old threads to report on whatever became of them............

So he got me thinking about this one...............

Turns out, Council adopted a Settlement offer on this one in May of 2022.

We did not get new renders, but we do have some updated site plans.

In addition to the above (the report) there are attachments.

The settlement offer:

SASP:

Site Plan: (with Creigton alignment)

1680478956188.png

And without said alignment:

1680479010320.png

Reactions: PMT
LMAO @Northern Light. As you typed out that message...I already edited the file. So you should have much better luck next time!

New renderings added. Storey count changed from 34s, 27s, 17s, 15s, 9s to 31s, 31s, 31s, 27s & 8s. Total unit count changed from 1718 units to 1556 units.

Back