Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Are there any plans to improve the public realm in this area? For one of the city's most important landmark intersections, it could be better.

At the very least, the sidewalk here will have been widened more than triple its Stollery’s size.

2D035E78-FAE6-454C-9B2E-E70D31F92FE9.jpeg

7B4F6088-39A8-4225-BEA7-8CB5F1FF8C03.jpeg

088B0546-37E8-407B-8B82-B5C724644A91.jpeg

There’ll be trees and seating since it’s assumed that it’ll continue the templates used elsewhere along the Mink Mile.

Those are pretty substantial improvements. Other than that, I’m not sure what we could do short of knocking down the Hudson’s Bay Centre and building something set back enough to build a civic space such as a square. I agree that this is an important intersection, but I can’t imagine it being flanked by nothing other than more density.

I hope more steel arrives this weekend.

I don’t think anyone was expecting winter to arrive in mid November. I have a feeling this is going to delay the project. I bet they were expecting to have the complex foundation and underground structural work completed before the snow and then have the tower start rising over the winter.

for lifting heavy metal columns. i think it's diesel and has more torque than usual cranes.. it can lift upto 86 tons, i remember reading that in the article.

Last edited:
I did a little personal recon mission on Wed Nov 20th over the noon-hour and very little was happening on the main site. I believe ALL entrants to our "Meeting the Grade" contest will be proven woefully optimistic.

Back