DSC04057.JPG

DSC04058.JPG

DSC04059.JPG

DSC04061.JPG

DSC04063.JPG

DSC04064.JPG

DSC04066.JPG

DSC04069.JPG

What exactly is above that portion that warrants such a large transfer slab?

What exactly is above that portion that warrants such a large transfer slab?

What I was told (by a supervisor at the site) was that the deep rebar nest was not for a transfer slab, but was the extra strength drive ramp for trucks - entering the site at the southwest corner of the property, and going around the west and north perimeters to get down to the loading dock area below. I have not seen the engineering documents, so I cannot use them as an authority for my response. What does seem strange is that there is very little perceptible grade to the ramp, if that is indeed what it is.

What I was told (by a supervisor at the site) was that the deep rebar nest was not for a transfer slab, but was the extra strength drive ramp for trucks - entering the site at the southwest corner of the property, and going around the west and north perimeters to get down to the loading dock area below. I have not seen the engineering documents, so I cannot use them as an authority for my response. What does seem strange is that there is very little perceptible grade to the ramp, if that is indeed what it is.
Interesting! Yes it was the lack of grade that was making me assume it was a transfer slab. I suppose in this case it is a "transfer slab" but for trucks!

Per the drawings on the City website - level P2 is the one with the thick slab - I'd call it a transfer slab because of the large open spaces with no columns on the loading level P4.

L3ikWgL.jpg

soF17ut.png

Back