Toronto 888 Dupont | 53.9m | 14s | TAS | SA

It's so whacky I...kinda dig it? I live not far from here and have always had a bit of a soft spot for the current building; I've always sort of thought of the Dupont frontage as the "front" of the building, so I'm a little surprised to see that they're more or less treating the west side as the "front", but I think it works.

Super interested to see what the green-with-squiggly-bits cladding material is.

Weird. Good weird.
16DA35F6-BCA5-4929-BF5F-4FFD9FAC2EB3.jpeg

Last edited:
It's interesting how TAS switches up architects for different projects. They had Core and Quadrangle in the past, while currently they have Teeple for the Keeley and 299 Campbell, HOK for 7 Labatt, and now Suulin for this.

I think the quirkiness works here, and shows flashes of maybe something Alsop would've pushed for. Execution will be key though. Also hope they deliver on the green roofs and vegetation spaces.

I love the weirdness. Bring this on. This building would be spoken about for years in to the future like other strange buildings. Reminds me for some reason of Integral House, but not sure why.

Great to see within the plans are nearly 4 levels of employment space. (Shown as "Rentable Space")
Also includes employment space in the b1 level which is interesting to see. Light industrial uses could take up this space if it is appropriately designed. A good step forward in mixed use planning.

GH3 is handling the landscaping here including the on building plantings which there appear to be quite a few of. Should be interesting. I really enjoy the design.

Super interested to see what the green-with-squiggly-bits cladding material is.

Squiggly bits appear to be precast concrete in 3 shades as per the architectural plans. My guess is the detail of said squiggles has been simplified for these plans, but it will likely be some kind of stamped or relief pattern in the panels.

Back