News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 773     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Given it’s a GO facility I suspect it is something to try and make us all believe LaughTrack is still breathing

Rutherford station

20191104_082530.jpg
20191104_082557.jpg

I believe that is mis-rendered. My understanding is that York Region will be widening Rutherford through this stretch to 6 lanes as a part of this project.
Confirmation that it will be 6 lanes, from the York Region Committee of the Whole - Agreement between Metrolinx/York Region:

This report seeks Council approval to enter into an agreement with Metrolinx for the construction and maintenance of a new road/rail grade separation at the existing level crossing of Rutherford Road and the Barrie GO rail tracks, as shown on Attachment 2.

Key Points:
- Rutherford Road from Westburne Drive/Barrhill Road to Confederation Parkway/Peter Rupert Avenue will be widened from four to six lanes and will cross underneath the Barrie GO rail tracks
- Metrolinx has awarded a $239 million fixed-price contract to EllisDon Infrastructure Transit to design, build and finance the Rutherford GO Station improvements and grade separation
- The Region’s contribution is $13.7 million for the grade separation

Supposedly this section doesn't see double stacks? Thats what I have heard . . .

Do you mean the Guelph Sub? It doesn’t see double stacks routinely, but that option is always there for CN. ML likely would face objections from CN if it impaired this option, even if it is not used that often. CN may need that capability some day.

If you mean the Halton Sub, it sees double stacks daily, with traffic expected to grow.

- Paul

I wish they'd roll out some of these station upgrades at Kitchener. Especially now that there are 6-coach trains at midday, a lot of people don't know where to stand and intuitively stand in front of the station building, rather than way down at the east end of the platform where the short trains actually stop. I'm pretty sure Via trains stop in front of the station, so that adds to the confusion. I've been told there's signage, but I haven't noticed it and I imagine most passengers haven't either. I can understand not wanting to invest more money in a station that's destined for retirement, but the new King/Victoria station could be a decade away.

I wish they'd roll out some of these station upgrades on the Kitchener line. Especially now that there are 6-coach trains at midday, a lot of people don't know where to stand and intuitively stand in front of the station building, rather than way down at the east end of the platform where the short trains actually stop. I'm pretty sure Via trains stop in front of the station, so that adds to the confusion. I've been told there's signage, but I haven't noticed it and I imagine most passengers haven't either. Oh well.

Let Metrolinx/GO know this. While we are a well read forum, not all the decision makers consult UT on a daily basis........yet.

This is the sort of cheap, easy fix bureaucrats like.

Back