News   Apr 19, 2024
 181     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 854     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 8K     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

View attachment 211132

So remember a while ago when I was concerned about flooding between the rails if there was going to be grass planted here? This is what it looked like a few days ago after the rain.

They haven't "cut" that green pipe to size yet. It's WAY above the tracks.

You can actually see the grading of the concrete is working as intended, as noted there's just no pipe to drain into. I imagine even with grass there would be sufficient drainage (professional soccer fields, rooftop trees/gardens are good examples).

You can actually see the grading of the concrete is working as intended, as noted there's just no pipe to drain into. I imagine even with grass there would be sufficient drainage (professional soccer fields, rooftop trees/gardens are good examples).

Going through some of the intersections there is a bit of a hump where the tracks are. At Birchmount and Eglinton for example it is possible to go airborne if you are driving too fast.

I'm going to nitpick here but can Metrolinx settle on a colour already. In some adds the Crosstown is Green, in others its Orange, and in this one it is Purple. From what we have seen the Crosstowns colour will be Orange so why on earth is it not used on all promotional material? It's the same deal on Finch, most renders show Teal being the colour of choice, yet the line map on there website is Magenta!

Last edited:
I'm going to nitpick here but can Metrolinx settle on a colour already. In some adds the Crosstown is Green, in others its Oranger, and in this one it is Purple. From what we have seen the Crosstowns colour will be Orange so why on earth is it not used on all promotional material? It's the same deal on Finch, most renders show Teal being the colour of choice, yet the line map on there website is Magenta!
I keep getting ads on IG for finch west which exactly the same and also the same purple. idek what metrolinx is doing, i always thought they had their ads together

I'm going to nitpick here but can Metrolinx settle on a colour already. In some adds the Crosstown is Green, in others its Oranger, and in this one it is Purple. From what we have seen the Crosstowns colour will be Orange so why on earth is it not used on all promotional material? It's the same deal on Finch, most renders show Teal being the colour of choice, yet the line map on there website is Magenta!
Don't forget the TTC Line 6 numbering being gray.

Its funny that the metrics are always how much faster you will go with LRT, subway, etc over bus.

Honestly I just care that its not a smelly, noisy, rattly, shakey and vomit inducing bus.

The ads should be "Crosstown: Its not a $%*&ing bus!"

I know a few people that insist the bus is more comfortable than light rail.

No, I don't understand it either.

*BRRRRRRRR*CLANG*CRASH*CRASH*
(Screaming over sounds to be heard)
"I THINK THE BUS IS ...WHOA HANG ON...THE BUS IS MORE COMFORTABLE"

A few of these people exist in Kitchener-Waterloo, but by this point are serious outliers, and a lot of them were clearly prepared to hate the LRT no matter what. The best remedy for these people is an existing line that most normal people are happy with, though unfortunately there's no easy remedies for them until then. In theory they could actually ride similar systems and see how they like them, but realistically they aren't. The main source of it I've seen in KW isn't so much the organized anti LRT people, but more small town conservatism (trains? This place is getting like Toronto!) and people who are personally offended that some long, meandering suburban bus routes have been reconfigured to be less long and meandering, and now they have to (gasp) transfer.

Being a regular TTC rider, I do not consider bus inferior to mixed-traffic streetcars. Moreover, I like express buses more than streetcars. Bus rides may be bumpy, but only occasionally, and that doesn't bother me much. If I can get a seat, or at least can stand comfortably without being squeezed, I am perfectly fine.

Any vehicle is uncomfortable if it is crowded. Doesn't matter if it is a bus, streetcar, or a subway.

Being a regular TTC rider, I do not consider bus inferior to mixed-traffic streetcars. Moreover, I like express buses more than streetcars. Bus rides may be bumpy, but only occasionally, and that doesn't bother me much. If I can get a seat, or at least can stand comfortably without being squeezed, I am perfectly fine.

Any vehicle is uncomfortable if it is crowded. Doesn't matter if it is a bus, streetcar, or a subway.
It's not the crowding although a bus is easier to be crowded simply because it's smaller. It's the comfort of the ride which is the concern. Buses have to veer in and out of traffic to make stops where as a lrt basically is on a straight path. So the bus goes forward and also right and left where as a lrt only goes forward. Buses also go over pot holes and they create these weird waves on the road in the loading lane from frequently going in and out with such a heavy vehicle.

Back