AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

24 IMPERIAL ST
Ward 12 - Tor & E.York District

24 IMPERIAL ST
26 IMPERIAL ST

Zoning By-law Amendment application for a proposed 9-storey residential building containing 30 residential dwelling units and approximately 3636.4 square metres of residential floor area.

A block north of Chaplin Cres/Davisville. Interesting that 24 & 26 Imperial are these 2 homes, just west of Yonge and before the subway tracks. There's also a third house closest to the tracks, #28, which currently isn't part of the properties listed.

24 IMPERIAL ST
Ward 12 - Tor & E.York District

24 IMPERIAL ST
26 IMPERIAL ST

Zoning By-law Amendment application for a proposed 9-storey residential building containing 30 residential dwelling units and approximately 3636.4 square metres of residential floor area.

A block north of Chaplin Cres/Davisville. Interesting that 24 & 26 Imperial are these 2 homes, just west of Yonge and before the subway tracks. There's also a third house closest to the tracks, #28, which currently isn't part of the properties listed.

The remaining home really should be part of any assembly, it will look awfully goofy to have that one remaining SFD home there.

too bad they look like nice homes

Really? These made you become a preservationist? LOL

The more westerly one has little to redeem it; the more easterly is Ok...but nothing special; both have far too much hardscaping in the front which completely diminishes what positive character the buildings may once have offered.

No loss here; very good location for intensification.

The remaining home really should be part of any assembly, it will look awfully goofy to have that one remaining SFD home there.

Really? These made you become a preservationist? LOL

The more westerly one has little to redeem it; the more easterly is Ok...but nothing special; both have far too much hardscaping in the front which completely diminishes what positive character the buildings may once have offered.

No loss here; very good location for intensification.
Never ignore the potential for holdouts. I am in favour of intensification, but holdouts may be inevitable.

These houses are pretty good but there are thousands upon thousands of single family homes throughout the city and we're going to have to lose some as the city intensifies. In this context I don't think these are a big loss. Though personally I think holdouts are also generally a good thing — it forces variety and small scale into the future streetscape.

These houses are pretty good but there are thousands upon thousands of single family homes throughout the city and we're going to have to lose some as the city intensifies. In this context I don't think these are a big loss. Though personally I think holdouts are also generally a good thing — it forces variety and small scale into the future streetscape.
Those holdouts could one-day be converted to beloved neighbourhood restaurants and bars too.

That holdout is in for 2 years of construction noise on its east side in addition to the permanent noise of the yonge line going by every five minutes... I hope they are receiving good advice on keeping the property.

Toronto and East York Community Council consideration on January 8, 2020
TE12.23
ACTION​
Ward: 12​
24 - 26 Imperial Street - Zoning Amendment Application - Preliminary Report

Summary
This report provides information and identifies a preliminary set of issues regarding the application for a 9-storey residential building located at 24 – 26 Imperial Street. Staff are currently reviewing the application. It has been circulated to all appropriate agencies and City divisions for comment. Staff will proceed to schedule a community consultation meeting for the application with the Ward Councillor.​

It's truly shocking that TFAI can't learn to properly detail window wall, considering it coats most of what they author...

Back