News   Apr 19, 2024
 3K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

Old C.P.R. bridge over the Don Valley (1,150 ft. long) near the brickyards to be replaced, 1928 TPL
Old C.P.R. bridge over the Don Valley (1,150 ft. long) near the brickyards to be replaced,  19...jpg

RR bridge at former Don Valley Brickworks 2019.jpg

One benefit of the Google photos is the increasing cache of past images going back to the first Streetview runs. Some of these have come in handy when we were looking at houses that have been recently demolished and rebuilt, in a few cases the old houses were captured by Google shortly before they were gone so we were able to figure out roughly when they disappeared.

One benefit of the Google photos is the increasing cache of past images going back to the first Streetview runs. Some of these have come in handy when we were looking at houses that have been recently demolished and rebuilt, in a few cases the old houses were captured by Google shortly before they were gone so we were able to figure out roughly when they disappeared.

Hopefully, Google will keep or archive the old photos and not delete them because of limited space. I can see using the 7 or 8 year timeframe used for financial records, but it could keep them as a "library reference" purposes.

Hopefully, Google will keep or archive the old photos and not delete them because of limited space. I can see using the 7 or 8 year timeframe used for financial records, but it could keep them as a "library reference" purposes.
I strongly doubt Google will start discarding older Streetview photos though I suppose they could be accessible on a different site. It's not as though they keep them in photo albums in their basement!

Bank of Montreal, Yonge St., north west corner Front St. W. 1867 (built 1845) TPL
Bank of Montreal, Yonge St., north west corner Front St. W.   1867   TPL.jpg

Replaced by this B of M building in 1885.........would become home for the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1993.
Hockey Yong at front.jpg

Back