News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 451     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

4577 has enter service on 506 after arriving Sept 30.

Question: Has there been an update on the status of 4464 - the one which was in the King Street West and University Avenue intersection collision and became derailed? From what I can tell, it is still in the Leslie barns, four months later. Did I miss something?

Question: Has there been an update on the status of 4464 - the one which was in the King Street West and University Avenue intersection collision and became derailed? From what I can tell, it is still in the Leslie barns, four months later. Did I miss something?
what are you using to track it? Not reporting in Transsee

It was last seen June 12 and not tracking at this time. I believe its up at Hillcrest been worked on or at the Barns.

what are you using to track it? Not reporting in Transsee

I was looking in TransSee - 4464's last reported movements were at the time of the accident, and TransSee shows 4464 now as being inside at the Leslie barns. Is the TransSee information generally accurate? If not, would you know of a better source of publicly available information?

I was looking in TransSee - 4464's last reported movements were at the time of the accident, and TransSee shows 4464 now as being inside at the Leslie barns. Is the TransSee information generally accurate? If not, would you know of a better source of publicly available information?
Transsee isn't showing anything for the location of 4464 at this time as the GPS is off line. It shows the last location Transsee saw where 4464 was Last Seen at Jun 12 1:10:30AM in "RED", which was in the Barns. It doesn't mean that is where it is now.

Transsee is only good for reporting things if the GPS on the cars are working correctly and sometimes the GPS isn't working correctly. This applies to all tracking systems. The last I herad 4464 is supposed to be at Hillcrest and stand to be corrected on it.

Reactions: AHK
4402 is still tracking at Leslie but hasn't been in service for months now. Is it on hold to be the next car shipped out for re-welding? Seems odd that they would hold it out of service just for that. I wonder if it has some other issues. Or is it gone and we're just seeing the GPS unit? Anyone have any clues on it?

It was sitting at Leslie while waiting for a space at Duncan Shops to do the repairs. That finally happened at the beginning of September. It should be done soon.

Dan

There was a car offloaded at Hillcrest this morning, but I don't have the number. 4588 is ready to leave Thunder Bay. That leaves only 16 cars left to ship and production is complete.... although it will be a while before TTC has 204 cars on the property and operable.

- Paul

4586 was off loaded today. Either 4585 or 4578 could be off loaded tomorrow, with the other on Monday. 4587 could be off loaded next week once it arrive in Toronto.

19 more cars still need to show up to complete the order of 204.

I heard an interesting announcement while riding 4426 on the 501 today. As best as I can recreate it from memory -
“We are experiencing a short delay. We expect service to resume shortly” - same female voice as always.
First time I had heard this - is it triggered by the operator or remotely?

- Paul

Back