Toronto KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

There's that condo in Vancouver that had to pay 600k to replace their tree spire not to long ago. It's a wealthy building but, the cost still probably hurt. The vines on the Woodward Tower have been an epic failure in a rain forest. Fortunately, the trellis look good.

that's arguably my favourite building in the country. I had no idea it was intended to have vines.

Found the unsung inspiration for KING's glass block motif from just down the street. ;)

20191010_171129.jpg

the owner of a penthouse suite at KING probably isn't worried about the maintenance of a Sumac tree in all fairness.

on the contrary, if you're dropping seven figures on a penthouse unit you expect much in return. regardless, KING will be an interesting project to follow,

Some updates from Allied's Q3 2019 Earnings Call (around the 52:00 mark):
  • Units are over 72% sold and above expectations prior to construction starting
  • Price per Square Foot is the highest ever in the King-Spadina neighbourhood (unsurprisingly)
  • Construction is slated to begin in November
    • Delivery slated to be in 2023
  • They are working with an agent to develop a target market, merchandising, and leasing plan
    • Don't expect to entertain any talks with retail tenants for at least a year (makes sense given how far out this is)
  • Michael Emory (CEO) also seems pretty bullish on the office space in the building as well, says it is the perfect stock for the area
Can't wait to see this one get going, I can imagine construction will be very challenging.

Back