News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     4 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 480     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Someone had tweeted to GO transit asking to extend the 7:47-9:51 train from 6 to 10 cars. The go transit Twitter said schedule changes are coming late October?. Anyone know what these schedule changes might have? View attachment 207870

Perhaps UT's resident @smallspy might have some insights

Likely the Milton GO corridor in the shoulder peak periods. Most buses only stop at one or two stations so the effective frequency is quite low, but between 10am and 10:45 there are 14 buses that arrive at Union Station - meaning just over a 3 minute "frequency".

Never say never with Metrolinx these days
I orginally said they wouldn't start trains from bramalea until after construction was finished. And now we have 2 morning and 2 evening trips that use the unfinished 4th platform. The highway 401/409 site is all fenced off with chain link anyways and is off corridor anyways. Plus the midday trains always switch tracks from the northmost "Go Track" to the UP express eastbound track. Squeezing in 1 train per hour up to Bramalea or Mount Pleasant should be too much of a problem other than CN.

Let me clarify that there might be some surprises about Weekend Stouffville service sooner rather than later.
I hope weekend service on Stouffville is annouced concurrently with Kitchener weekend service. Thank way they can maintain the same interlined midday service that currently exists.

^ I could be wrong but isn't it the case where a GO train and UP train can't pass each other on the existing tunnel right now? So in effect it's a one track tunnel even though there are three tracks? cc @crs1026 @smallspy

Back