Toronto Waterworks Building Redevelopment | 47.55m | 13s | MOD Developments | Diamond Schmitt

Sept 4, 2019

fullsizeoutput_2c8f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2c98.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2c97.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2c96.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2c95.jpeg

St. Andrew's Playground Improvements - Public Meeting

Expanding our existing green spaces downtown is critical, which is why I am thrilled that we are moving ahead with work on the St. Andrew’s Playground revitalization and expansion.

Currently undergoing an Environmental Assessment, the parking lot on the west of the playground will become part of the park and a new dogs-off-leash area will be constructed in the new portion of the park in 2021.

City staff are holding a public information meeting to:
- Provide a project update
- Present draft concept plans
- Receive public input
- Identify community perspectives, preferences and priorities
- Discuss next steps

Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Time: 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
All are welcome to attend!

St. Andrew's Playground Improvements - Public Meeting

Expanding our existing green spaces downtown is critical, which is why I am thrilled that we are moving ahead with work on the St. Andrew’s Playground revitalization and expansion.

Currently undergoing an Environmental Assessment, the parking lot on the west of the playground will become part of the park and a new dogs-off-leash area will be constructed in the new portion of the park in 2021.

City staff are holding a public information meeting to:
- Provide a project update
- Present draft concept plans
- Receive public input
- Identify community perspectives, preferences and priorities
- Discuss next steps

Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Time: 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
All are welcome to attend!

And here is the presentation charting the initial concepts: https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/u...d-public-workshop-sep18-2019-presentation.pdf

Online survey for feedback: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/StAn...YTdiZDYtMTI2MS00NzE1LTkxOGEtZjM0OTgwMzU1ZjRk~

The two concepts:
play_plaza.jpg

play_ribbon.jpg

I prefer the "play ribbon" design because it puts the main plaza beside the doors to the food hall. That seems like the natural place for temporary seating, hardscaping, catenary lighting, and that sort of thing, more so than in the middle of a kids' play area.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 10.25.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 10.25.47 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 381
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 10.26.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 10.26.17 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 362
The two concepts:
View attachment 207243

View attachment 207244

I prefer the "play ribbon" design because it puts the main plaza beside the doors to the food hall. That seems like the natural place for temporary seating, hardscaping, catenary lighting, and that sort of thing, more so than in the middle of a kids' play area.
I also like play ribbon for that reason, and for the greater focus on nature in the park.
Fill out the survey linked above! Only 6 questions.
Sharp presentation deck by dtah.

Back