News   Apr 18, 2024
 694     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.2K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the awkward stretch that runs at grade between Laird and Science Centre. I remember Metrolinx thought about cancelling the station there and just run the tunnel all the way to Science Centre, but residents near Sunnybrook weren't fond of the idea.

This has been discussed ad nauseum on this thread, and both tunnelling and running the LRT on the south side of eglinton to avoid the intersection and be a completely grade separated section was considered by Metrolinx.

Im paraphrasing but I believe the whole debacle of Rob Ford wanting to tunnel the whole eastern section of the LRT line, along with Toronto Councils reversal led Metrolinx to not want to change any part of the line again. Basically to let sleeping dogs lie, and to get on with it, rather than open up another can of worms. Im trying to fit as many idioms into this sentence as possible as you can see.

This might have been posted already, but here is a pretty decent flyover of the Crosstown line - from Black Creek to Kennedy Station.

p5

Since it's a linear line I don't think the transit priority signal will need to be used? Waterloo's system has turns.

Since it's a linear line I don't think the transit priority signal will need to be used? Waterloo's system has turns.

To save pennies, the MTO delay updating its website only when ordered to, not before, it seems.

I'm sure this has come up multiple times in this thread, but do we know which portions of track will have grass yet?

I'm sure this has come up multiple times in this thread, but do we know which portions of track will have grass yet?
As far as anybody knows the answer to that question is none. I believe the Grass Median was quashed by Toronto Fire services so Metrolinx dropped if from the plan.

Back