News   Apr 24, 2024
 621     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 829     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 547     0 

2019 Canadian Federal Election

I beg to differ on this - it is of bad taste no doubt; but bona fide racist? I am not so eager to casually brand it as such. I am not a fan of using that word so lightly for something so silly and ultimately of so little actual relevance to real systematic issues.

That's not the question I've asked though - you just claimed that the problem is black and brown facing - not woke culture, not hypocrisy, nor character assassination.

AoD

My point is that blackface is wrong even in 2001 and Trudeau knows that...and if Scheer did i likely would look at him quite badly as well.

However its a long time ago, and we know Trudeau is not a racist....however Trudeau and the liberals like to 'cancel' people for stuff they said a while ago, so I am just laughing at Trudeau scoring own goals on himself.

The issue is not the costume it is the black or brown face...

Thing is Trudeau is 'super woke" was a teacher and was 29...

If Scheer did the same thing many of the people say its not a big deal be calling for his head.
Trudeau groping the reporter Rose Knight, when he was 28, is a worse offense in my mind and Trudeau was forgiven for that.
Both these examples show a few things.
How immature Trudeau is - doing teenage things when he's in his upper 20's.
How hypocritical Trudeau is - repeatedly saying things are inappropriate, then doing the same himself.
Somehow I think Trudeau will manage to charm the media - who will in turn charm the Canadian public, and Trudeau will still perform better than the electoral drubbing he deserves.

I beg to differ on this - it is of bad taste no doubt; but bona fide racist? I am not so eager to casually brand it as such. I am not a fan of using that word so lightly for something so silly and ultimately of so little actual relevance to real systematic issues.
AoD

Ah, I didn't use the word racist.

I said 'unacceptable, to put it charitably'.

Which I think is rather fair.

We wouldn't disagree that there are far more important things by which to judge people, including Mr. Trudeau.

But does he qualify as an unabashed idiot for ever having done this? Yes.

Does the Liberal machine need to question how they didn't know about this/see this coming? That too!

My point is that blackface is wrong even in 2001 and Trudeau knows that...and if Scheer did i likely would look at him quite badly as well.

However its a long time ago, and we know Trudeau is not a racist....however Trudeau and the liberals like to 'cancel' people for stuff they said a while ago, so I am just laughing at Trudeau scoring own goals on himself.

I suspect only a certain subset of the population actually took "woke" culture seriously enough for this to matter - also, it is one thing to play blackfacing and dress up; it is another to make comments that are directly about policy and actually denigrate others.

Ah, I didn't use the word racist.

I said 'unacceptable, to put it charitably'.

Which I think is rather fair.

We wouldn't disagree that there are far more important things by which to judge people, including Mr. Trudeau.

But does he qualify as an unabashed idiot for ever having done this? Yes.

Does the Liberal machine need to question how they didn't know about this/see this coming? That too!

I used it, because I think it will come up. At any rate, I suspect the party knew, and they'd deal with it as it comes. This felt like a sideshow that embarrasses and reinforces certain perceptions and judgements, but ultimately not super material. Not a vote getter by any means though!

AoD

Last edited:
Trudeau groping the reporter Rose Knight, when he was 28, is a worse offense in my mind and Trudeau was forgiven for that.
Both these examples show a few things.
How immature Trudeau is - doing teenage things when he's in his upper 20's.
How hypocritical Trudeau is - repeatedly saying things are inappropriate, then doing the same himself.
Somehow I think Trudeau will manage to charm the media - who will in turn charm the Canadian public, and Trudeau will still perform better than the electoral drubbing he deserves.

You know.......there are probably people who are arch Conservatives who will vote for Trudeau, solely because of your posts here at UT? Yes, you're that off putting.

I would think not. Not by Trudeau for sure; and probably not by Scheer either who couldn't afford not to boot a candidate in these circumstances.........or so I would hope.

Well, he did say that no matter what they said or did, a sincere apology would suffice and it would be business as usual.

It depends what definition of racist you use.
Trudeau saying that indigenous chief don't know what they are talking about when youth say they want community centres - because Trudeau knows they want places to store canoes.
Trudeau mixing up Japan PM Abe as Chinese - twice, presumably because they look alike.
Trudeau dressing in Indian garb instead of dressing as professional.

I don't think he is racist - but if we use the current definition of racism, Trudeau is likely one of the worst offenders on Parliament Hill.

I think a lot of Canadians associate Trudeau with woke culture.

The India Trip and SNC really took a hit on him because of his brand and style when I think to a leader like Chretien would have not been a big deal at all.

Well, he did say that no matter what they said or did, a sincere apology would suffice and it would be business as usual.
Actually, Scheer said "I think we all have to acknowledge the fact that people can make mistakes and people can own up to that," Scheer told reporters flying with him to British Columbia on Saturday night, adding that the party will make decisions on a case-by-case basis. "
The comment by Scheer was made after a candidate was seen with Faith Goldy - while she was a reporter and before the Virginia Rally in 2017.
You are referring to a biased CBC headline.

See this is why this issue is dumb

Trudeau called out Scheer and was pretty much saying "past does not matter, take no prisoners even if its a meme"

but for himself.... oh well...

The fact that Trudeau with these antics is still going to take the majority will demonstrate how poor Scheer was as the Con leader and candidate.

It will be a minority, think depressed voter turnout will hurt the liberals and an election that focuses on Trudeau reminds Canadians how big of an idiot he is.

The liberals do best when the focus in on Ford and Scheer.

I was likely not going to vote, but 100% i am going to vote as Trudeau needs a slap to his face.

Last edited:
PKNdDLe.jpg

Back