News   Apr 24, 2024
 86     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 440     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.8K     7 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

No one cares about that. If that’s the best the Cons can bring, we’ll have a Liberal majority for certain.
First and only sitting PM to be found guilty of a federal crime. It is completely embarrassing.
Similar to when the once proud Ontario dropped to have not status.
These things are huge symbols of things going horribly wrong.

First and only sitting PM to be found guilty of a federal crime. It is completely embarrassing.
A strong case can be made that the government DOES need to balance punishing a company against punishing its workers. If SNC had been (or is) fined and banned from new contracts it will not be the bosses who were in charge (now long gone) who will suffer. Your posts are getting exceptionally tiresome and predictable.

You are insufferable!

There are many legitimate critique's to be offered of Mr. Trudeau adn his government and you managed to not name one.

Doubtless you meant the report of the the ethics commissioner.

I hate to tell you but his opinion is not a finding of criminal guilt of any offense. Mr. Trudeau does not have a criminal record.

Saying otherwise is an offense against the law by the way, look up the work Libel.

That's not to say that I agree w/Mr. Trudeau's handling of this matter, because I don't. Though I would take his ethics over yours any day.

PS, for you or anyone else would like to know what the nature of the judgement of the ethics commissioner was........this is a link to the actual report.

Last edited:
You are insufferable!

There are many legitimate critique's to be offered of Mr. Trudeau adn his government and you managed to not name one.

Doubtless you meant the report of the the ethics commissioner.

I hate to tell you but his opinion is not a finding of criminal guilt of any offense. Mr. Trudeau does not have a criminal record.

Saying otherwise is an offense against the law by the way, look up the work Libel.

That's not to say that I agree w/Mr. Trudeau's handling of this matter, because I don't. Though I would take his ethics over yours any day.

PS, for you or anyone else would like to know what the nature of the judgement of the ethics commissioner was........this is a link to the actual report.

First, I said he broke federal law - which he did. I did not say he is a criminal. If people don't care that the PM broke the law - then society has really hit rock bottom.

Trudeau is of course being investigated for obstruction of justice - but he is obstructing that investigation.

Thanks for linking to that report. The commissioner makes 4 distinct findings against Trudeau on different days.
So in total, Trudeau broke the Ethics laws in 3 instances. He broke a total of 6 sections of the Act, with 13 violations total.
(all other sitting PM's have broken 0 federal laws, Trudeau has 13).

If all the Cons have for their campaign is SNC, whilst the Liberals paint Scheer as a abortion/SSM blocking religious zealot, I’d say it’s Trudeau majority.

If I was Trudeau, I would have also demanded the MoJ use the non-prosecution option for SNC, and I would have fired the MoJ (and AG) for not doing what I demanded. No one in Canada cares what SNC was doing to get contracts in what Trump would call sh#thole countries. Trudeau’s mistake was to pussy foot around the matter.

Harper kicked out a candidate for peeing in a freaking mug! Scheer stands by a candidate who is besties with a white supremacist and runs away from the media...

My CPC voting dad is pretty convinced that Trudeau wins a majority.

If all the Cons have for their campaign is SNC, whilst the Liberals paint Scheer as a abortion/SSM blocking religious zealot, I’d say it’s Trudeau majority.

If I was Trudeau, I would have also demanded the MoJ use the non-prosecution option for SNC, and I would have fired the MoJ (and AG) for not doing what I demanded. No one in Canada cares what SNC was doing to get contracts in what Trump would call sh#thole countries. Trudeau’s mistake was to pussy foot around the matter.
Unless you have really nice hair - you would have been in jail by now.

My CPC voting dad is pretty convinced that Trudeau wins a majority.
I wouldn't be surprised.
4 years ago - I never could have imagined that Canadians would be stupid enough to vote for Trudeau, but they proved me wrong.
Now I know to never underestimate the stupidity of the people. Eventually, it will lead to the downfall of democracy - which requires a certain amount of intelligence and caring by the voting public.
For now, apathy and ignorance are the most powerful tools the Liberals have - and they are masters at using them.

First, I said he broke federal law - which he did. I did not say he is a criminal.

Astoundingly, you can't even manage to quote YOURSELF correctly.

Burloak said:
First and only sitting PM to be found guilty of a federal crime

If you are found to be guilty of a Federal CRIME, you are a criminal.

That is NOT what has happened in this case. Rather, the Prime Minister was found to have contravened certain rules, contained within the Conflict of Interest Act. Which is not a criminal offense.

Sigh.

I don't even wish to defend his conduct, but you must describe it accurately.

Astoundingly, you can't even manage to quote YOURSELF correctly.

If you are found to be guilty of a Federal CRIME, you are a criminal.

That is NOT what has happened in this case. Rather, the Prime Minister was found to have contravened certain rules, contained within the Conflict of Interest Act. Which is not a criminal offense.

Sigh.

I don't even wish to defend his conduct, but you must describe it accurately.
Municipal law = law (by-law) passed by municipality. e.g. parking. I am guessing many people have broken municipal law.
Provincial law = law (Act) passed by province. e.g. Highway Traffic Act. I am guessing many people have broken provincial law.
Federal law = law (Act) passed by federal gov't. e.g. Criminal Code (which is an Act) or Conflict of Interest Act.

There's a whole bunch of laws within each category - but there is only 1 Criminal Code.

Random thought: If Bianca Andreescu did a non-partisan "get out the vote" type of campaign, the 18-24 demographic would show up big time.

Back