Toronto Garrison Point | 118.56m | 35s | Cityzen | Hariri Pontarini

Thursday:
20190905_130314.jpg
20190905_130531.jpg
20190906_094114.jpg
20190905_130444.jpg
20190906_094025.jpg

Does anyone know if there are any improvements slated for the intersection at Strachan? The amount of pedestrian/bicycle/vehicle traffic at that intersection is already very high, and with these developments coming online, and the new ones in LV, it seems that intersection might become completely unworkable.

Does anyone know if there are any improvements slated for the intersection at Strachan? The amount of pedestrian/bicycle/vehicle traffic at that intersection is already very high, and with these developments coming online, and the new ones in LV, it seems that intersection might become completely unworkable.

They are planning to add a northbound right turn lane on strachan, but that’s it.

Thus the reason why the city should have protected for a Front Street extension (even though they killed it due to lack of funds), but I digress it's Toronto. We love to sell away land without really thinking twice for the future.

Thus the reason why the city should have protected for a Front Street extension (even though they killed it due to lack of funds), but I digress it's Toronto. We love to sell away land without really thinking twice for the future.

It will be a mess yet ppl still opted for it (including myself). Hoping either it wouldn't be as bad as I imagined once all the towers are complete, or the city does something about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Truth be told there's not much else the city can/will do. The only thing that will provide relief is an additional GO stop around King and Liberty, asides from that the area is only going to get worse as more people move in.

There's a lot more development still to come in the Liberty Village area.

As mobility patterns evolve, I am actually thinking it may be seen in the future that not pursuing the Front Street extension was a blessing in disguise. Especially once cycling/multi-use infrastructure is built as part of the developments in the Wellington-Niagara area come into fruition.

I for one am more invested in the future Ordnance Park than on a roadway.

The only issue is, how can one enjoy all of that new infrastructure if the neighborhood is jammed up to the rim just trying to get into/out of the area. The place is a zoo with basically no alternatives, with Strachan, and Liberty being the only ways in/out.

The only issue is, how can one enjoy all of that new infrastructure if the neighborhood is jammed up to the rim just trying to get into/out of the area. The place is a zoo with basically no alternatives, with Strachan, and Liberty being the only ways in/out.

*The only ways in/out by car.

This is one of the most transit- and bike-connected neighbourhoods in the city, with direct access to the King streetcar, Exhibition GO, and shortly three pedestrian/cycle bridges out to King/Adelaide/Martin Goodman Trail, etc. In fact I would love to see Liberty's access to Strachan closed to all but bicycles, buses and emergency vehicles.

I've actually just found this proposal for a new road in the area. Does anyone know if this is still in process?

I've actually just found this proposal for a new road in the area. Does anyone know if this is still in process?

It is, but it's certainly not on any fast track.

Back