Toronto Canary Block Condos | 42.06m | 12s | DundeeKilmer | KPMB

Some more of the balcony barriers being installed.

20190813_202203_HDR.jpg

20190813_202244_HDR.jpg

It's disappointing that the balcony railings don't have the brass finish of the window wall.
I wouldn't call that disappointing, personal preference, could have seen it going either way. IMO I think the white really pops against the brass-coloured mullions. Doing it all in the brass may have been a little too proud. The white also helps break the monotony of grey in Canary, whereas brass may have just fell into the darker backdrop.

they did such a great job with this part of town. The scale and the public spaces are unmatched across the city. Seems like a lot of lessons learned from City Place and liberty village were remedied here

they did such a great job with this part of town. The scale and the public spaces are unmatched across the city. Seems like a lot of lessons learned from City Place and liberty village were remedied here
Liberty Village and City Place have more street life and character than this part of town. Master-planning is great, but in reality, it seems sterile and soulless.

Liberty Village and City Place have more street life and character than this part of town. Master-planning is great, but in reality, it seems sterile and soulless.
The promenade above has families and dog walkers in abundance in the evenings. Mind you, Liberty Village and City Place are much older and have had enough time to mature and develop their retail selection.

First balcony covers wrapping completely around. Many things to like about this...use of gold, lack of grey, lack of mullions and spandrel, dichroic glass, the twisty balcony play, the white retro-60's vibe with some of the brick use, decent glazing. Did I miss anything?

Northwest corner...

Canary1.jpg

Southeast corner...

Canary2.jpg

Northeast corner...

Canary3.jpg

Canary4.jpg

^^^ Unfortunately, it looks like 90% of the use of gold/brass is going to be hidden behind the nearly-opaque, white balcony railings.

Back