Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

Local MP wants the Liberty Village Stop to also serve UP Express ("no" should be "now" I assume). Also, the actual name according to the map below is "King-Liberty".

Local MP wants the Liberty Village Stop to also serve UP Express ("no" should be "now" I assume). Also, the actual name according to the map below is "King-Liberty".

View attachment 200787

The reason is that Torontonians (and most humans for that matter) wear blinders. They dont understand what EMUs are or rapid electrified regional transit is. All they know is GO Trains, big, slow hulking things, and the UPX, a quick, frequent nimble service.

They think that getting a GO Train at Liberty is getting a SLOW train. The current trains on GO. NO amount of telling them otherwise will change their thoughts. Until the first GO-RER or whatever you wanna call is built, they won't understand.

The same mentality can be heard with people crying "no more stations on my XX GO train line! Service is already slow enough from Barrie, Kitchener, Mount Joy, etc!" They dont understand express service, and how by splitting the GO train service into two tiers, one with EMU's in the 905 and the other with the current trains out to the fringes, will shave 30+ minutes off their commute.

^Or we just get on with electrification, preserve/reduce the running time notwithstanding another stop added, and make the service truly useful.

- Paul

I don't know we don't add stops at st clair Eglinton liberty village and make this the Ontario line west extension.

It also has overhead. Costs for separate PRESTO infrastructure, different logos, colour schemes, staff uniforms, etc. If demand modelling shows that limiting stops increases use then sure, go for it, but you could just call it an express GO train to the airport. But we should set service to match use, not to match the brands we created for it.

It also has overhead. Costs for separate PRESTO infrastructure, different logos, colour schemes, staff uniforms, etc. If demand modelling shows that limiting stops increases use then sure, go for it, but you could just call it an express GO train to the airport. But we should set service to match use, not to match the brands we created for it.
No, it’s critical that the airport train staff be dressed like Cold War Czechoslovakian border guards..

Back