News   Mar 28, 2024
 384     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 285     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 315     0 

Doors Open Toronto

Wonderful design and detail, philmar...........congratulations on your excellent photography.
I'm fond of chairs too.

Finally got to check out the Fisher Rare Book Library after years of missing it, and sure glad I brought a tripod and a 16mm lens

FFS. What do YOU think? My bet would be that because it's still 8 weeks away they have not decided. Go look at their website: https://www.doorsopenontario.on.ca/en/toronto

What I think is that you need to calm down DSC. It was a simple question because there is no information currently on their website. I was merely curious if anyone had any other information that may not be publicly available.

Be it here or the Coronavirus thread you seem to have a knack for attacking people for opening their mouth. That being said I would appreciate if you could stop attacking me for everything that I say, it is not appreciated whatsoever.

What I think is that you need to calm down DSC. It was a simple question because there is no information currently on their website. I was merely curious if anyone had any other information that may not be publicly available.

Be it here or the Coronavirus thread you seem to have a knack for attacking people for opening their mouth. That being said I would appreciate if you could stop attacking me for everything that I say, it is not appreciated whatsoever.
I am sorry you are upset but to be concerned about an event (enjoyable though it is) that is 8 weeks away (and one whose own website says it's still on) seems seems a total waste of time to me. If it is cancelled or postponed, which seems likely to ne, we will find out soon enough.

Hopefully the COVID-19 numbers for Ontario and Toronto will continue to go down.

Today is October. In seven months, it will be May. Usually we have "Open Doors Toronto" in May. In 2019, we were able to view the Mt. Dennis Maintenance and Storage Facility. While we could see the "alleged" opening of Line 5 in 2022, we could be able to view the inside of some of the Line 5 stations by May of 2022.

Doors Open Toronto is coming back for 2022 with hundreds of locations to explore

From link.

Doors Open Toronto is back for 2022 whith Toronto rich culture and history on display for all to see.

The festival will be showcasing some of the most architecturally, historically, culturally, and socially significant buildings across the city, allowing visitors to explore locations that aren't usually open to the public, or those that would normally charge an entrance fee.

The festival will offer both in-person and virtual tours to the public, along with walking tours and special activities.

A few favourite buildings that will be opening their doors for the last weekend of May include Toronto City Hall, Aga Khan Museum, R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant, Portlands Energy Centre and the Museum of Television.

Explore hundreds of historically significant sites around the city to learn more about the city's past.
Doors Open Toronto is set to take place from May 28 through May 29. A list of participating buildings has not been announced but is expected soon.

It appears that Doors Open as a whole is lacking this year.

None of the major draws are there this year and all that's left are small meaningless sites nobody would really visit.

Commerce Court, the Design Exchange, TD Tower, MacKenzie and Spadina House used to be major draws but this year none of them are on the schedule. To me, Doors Open is not really Doors Open without these sites.

Even City Hall closed the observation deck this year. Old City Hall and Osgoode Hall are also closed.

I can see Doors Open being a bust across the board this year.

Is there somewhere where I can find a list of places that is not generally open to the public? For example, I can always go to the museums anytime, so there's no point in visiting them now, but, the Lower Bay subway station is only open during events, so that would be high on my list. I'm trying to map out the high priority places to visit because this is the only time I'll get to go.

Is there somewhere where I can find a list of places that is not generally open to the public? For example, I can always go to the museums anytime, so there's no point in visiting them now, but, the Lower Bay subway station is only open during events, so that would be high on my list. I'm trying to map out the high priority places to visit because this is the only time I'll get to go.

Having been to Lower Bay several times it is not really worth it. It is mostly a carbon copy of the current Bay station only with higher ceilings. Honestly, I would not make it that one must-see site for Doors Open as there is nothing really special about it.

Back