Toronto 88 Queen | 167.35m | 52s | St Thomas Dev | Hariri Pontarini

That was my first thought as well - but the area is very small. It's probably just large enough to fit a sales centre, but no area for construction staging.

My guess would be either old utility relocation/removal work that needs a small dig, or possibly soil testing, but usually they don't seem to use fencing for that.

They have fenced off a small section of the lot o the south east corner, though it's not clear what for:

View attachment 147499
I think it's related to this clause from the approved agreement/settlement mentioned in earlier post:

vi. the owner shall construct and maintain to the satisfaction of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning, an area of not less than 847 square metres at grade for use by the general public as publicly accessible, privately-owned open space, along the east side of the block and in the southeast corner of the site in a location generally identified in the Zoning By-law Amendments, with the location configuration and design of the privately-owned open space to be determined in the context of site plan approval to the satisfaction of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning, in consultation with the Ward Councillor and secured in a Site Plan Agreement with the City;

I think it's related to this clause from the approved agreement/settlement mentioned in earlier post:

vi. the owner shall construct and maintain to the satisfaction of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning, an area of not less than 847 square metres at grade for use by the general public as publicly accessible, privately-owned open space, along the east side of the block and in the southeast corner of the site in a location generally identified in the Zoning By-law Amendments, with the location configuration and design of the privately-owned open space to be determined in the context of site plan approval to the satisfaction of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning, in consultation with the Ward Councillor and secured in a Site Plan Agreement with the City;
No, that POPs will be north of the building along the Queen Street frontage, separating it from the east mid-block building.

9B17D0B0-A87A-4DCA-9C57-92CA61F234BD.jpeg

i like the design. nothing fancy but a solid design. i hope they dont cheap out.
how tall is the taller one?

Back