News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 331     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

GO Transit: Union Station Shed Replacement & Track Upgrades (Zeidler)

I no longer understand the heritage designation for the roof. I understand its significance in rail history in Canada but, at this point, the utilities along with this sign board has protruded the roof so much I can barely make out the bush-shed design. Most of the heritage value of the roof has largely been concealed at this point.

I no longer understand the heritage designation for the roof. I understand its significance in rail history in Canada but, at this point, the utilities along with this sign board has protruded the roof so much I can barely make out the bush-shed design. Most of the heritage value of the roof has largely been concealed at this point.

They really shouldve just torn down this shed and continue the lightbox to both ends. I bet they spent/will spend more money "restoring" this frankly useless shed room than to actually do a new build.

They really shouldve just torn down this shed and continue the lightbox to both ends. I bet they spent/will spend more money "restoring" this frankly useless shed room than to actually do a new build.

Someone posted a while back that they should have disassembled the shed and re-assembled it somewhere as a farmer's market or something. You could have probably made like 5 farmers markets across the city with it. Would have been a creative re-use and we could have had a proper platform level at Union.

That render is awfully bright, considering what the platform area actually looks like.

I've also noticed in those renders that the utility runs (or whatever you want to call them) appear much higher than in reality. In the renders, they've level with the top of the trains.

In reality, they're so low they block the windows of the upper levels of the trains.

Not to mention the thing about whether it currently has enough height clearance to put 25kV catenary in...

20190705_124112.jpg

20190705_124126.jpg

Didn't snag any photos, but some of the new platform lighting in the raceways is lit up on platforms 8 and 9 this morning. Not sure how long it's been that way since I don't usually go that way.

Back