Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I'm curious as to why it's always people with <50 posts who regularly neg on Mizrahi or this property. (yeah, not really curious. I'm pretty sure a good number are Khavari’s people).

Today, rebar laid in the northeast sector of the site.
70661165-0879-4D0A-B438-6A5685FD8889.jpeg
44902940-CC64-4C46-87CB-5AD239774186.jpeg
FDD7098B-F50F-475B-89FE-6BC5605AAF38.jpeg
98D7D952-8B45-4193-811F-8CA5ABF09BBC.jpeg
D2DD1FCB-3BB8-4D67-BB8D-95218934552B.jpeg
ABE20523-C48E-45F0-B8F6-8ED2BAA656D1.jpeg

Nodoby cares about being shocked. You spew nonsense.

Nonsense is thinking that there’s a market for super luxury or even luxury buyers in this proposed building at this location.

Move a block or two west or north and it’s a different story.

Regardless a pre con purchase would be a major risk for a buyer to absorb, in my opinion.

Nonsense is thinking that there’s a market for super luxury or even luxury buyers in this proposed building at this location.

Regardless a pre con purchase would be a major risk for a buyer to absorb, in my opinion.

In every debate, there is a line between legitimate subjective interpretation and just being plain wrong.

That line has long since been crossed. Just stop.

It's literally called Mink Mile. Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Armani, Chanel, etc. etc. etc. etc. This street IS luxury.

It's literally called Mink Mile. Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Armani, Chanel, etc. etc. etc. etc. This street IS luxury.
Agree with Contra here. The area is booming with luxury just a short walk away. I also think with the CND dollar being so weak, the overpriced penthouses can be super attractive to a foreign buyer who wants to take advantage especially if they need to wash some money. They would let it sit empty for a couple years with any downside risk fairly neutralized as if the CND dollar goes up he can sell for breakeven or slightly less depending on the % spread differential between FX and sale price to make a profit or if the CND weakens further chances are home prices will continue uptrend so he will sell for profit on the sale regardless of FX rate. Regardless at the end of the day they would have washed their money and avoided double digit+ taxation on $30MM+ or whatever the penthouses are going for. Mizrahi probably has a list of overseas names ready to go in his little black book.

I can only dream of having enough money to buy there - but it's definitely status over function. I love cooking and I have more counter space in my 680 sq. ft. apartment than there is in one of their 4,379 sq. ft. suites on the 80th floor. Good luck feeding the 12 people sitting in your 400 sq. ft. dining room.

I can only dream of having enough money to buy there - but it's definitely status over function. I love cooking and I have more counter space in my 680 sq. ft. apartment than there is in one of their 4,379 sq. ft. suites on the 80th floor. Good luck feeding the 12 people sitting in your 400 sq. ft. dining room.
You’re lucky. I have an 895sqft rental in a 40 year old building and have barely more usable counter space than an ikea desk.

Miles Gilbert Horton the who? He's been banned for not knowing how to act respectfully on the forum. For those who do no get it, if you're insulting of other members, you are gone. Feel free to disagree with others, but debate the issues without belittling the debaters.

2 guys on the sidewalk looking down into the site of The One. 1st guy says, this sucker will never get built. Just watch, Mizarhi's gonna fail big time. 2nd guy asks, why would you say that? What are you, some kinda pessimist? 1st guy answers, yeah, I'm a pessimist. So what? 2nd guy says, that's kool cause I'm a pessimist, too. He then says, heh, we should start a Pessimist Club. 1st guy answers back, nah, it'd never work.

Last edited:

Back