News   Mar 28, 2024
 93     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Toronto Eaton Centre

15 years ago you wouldn't see women wearing tights/yoga pants without at least a long top covering their "butts" in the workplace. Those days are long gone. Fashion is much more casual now. I remember the days you needed to wear dress pants and dress shoes to the night club "No jeans" "No sneakers".

It's a positive trend. Just yesterday I read an article that Goldman Sachs has adopted a casual dress code. The days of stuffy suits and ties are gradually coming to an end, thankfully.

It's a positive trend. Just yesterday I read an article that Goldman Sachs has adopted a casual dress code. The days of stuffy suits and ties are gradually coming to an end, thankfully.
This is good. Being in the tech field I never understood why I needed to dress up. I avoided bank jobs for partially that reason. I wear whatever I want. My mom still loses her mind when she hears I wear shirts to work in the summer. Very old school in thinking.

The new Abercrombie is moving fast. Drywall is pretty much complete. Fixtures and decor can be done quickly.

A fast opening for this store is important because it’ll free up the old Abercrombie for Apple to take over the space and start their much more complex construction so that it can be complete in time for the 2019 Holiday season. I’d say they’re ahead of schedule.

Scotch & Soda has closed their store beside Baby Gap and re-opened in their new location beside Aldo Accessories in the middle of Level 2.

Bailey Nelson will be opening on March 28.

Canadian Tire is being refreshed. To be completed by Spring 2020. Expect a return to a better looking store like when it first opened - and some minor exterior updates.

Thank god. I find this particular store to be a mess on the lower level. It is cramped and disorganized.

Thank god. I find this particular store to be a mess on the lower level. It is cramped and disorganized.

It's under new ownership, so expect some minor changes in the lead up to the refresh. The new owner is very engaged and wants a good looking store - especially since Yonge/Church and Leslie/Lake Shore were recently refreshed, and Liberty Village is opening next spring.

The Eaton Centre location is now the runt of the family.

It's under new ownership, so expect some minor changes in the lead up to the refresh. The new owner is very engaged and wants a good looking store - especially since Yonge/Church and Leslie/Lake Shore were recently refreshed, and Liberty Village is opening next spring.

The Eaton Centre location is now the runt of the family.

To be fair though, I never really think of Canadian Tire as being a must in the Downtown Core.

It's a nice thing to have but who really buys sporting goods, propane, door handles and camping gear living downtown?

To be fair though, I never really think of Canadian Tire as being a must in the Downtown Core.

It's a nice thing to have but who really buys sporting goods, propane, door handles and camping gear living downtown?

Many people do, based on the sales of that location vs. suburban stores. Keep in mind it's the core of the city, and gets a lot of daytime traffic from people who work downtown but live in the burbs. Even for those living in the core, where else are you going to go for those things when you need them?

Kiehl's on Level 3 has closed for "spring cleaning" and will re-open on April 3rd. They've opened up a temporary pop-up shop downstairs inside the former Jean Machine space on Level 1.

It’s missing that distinct Canadian Tire smell... the smell of actual tires.

Canadian Tire sells tires? Who knew! I don't think I have ever been in that section. ??

The new Abercrombie & Fitch is largely completed. I couldn’t get a good spy shot because there are boxes in the way but all the fixtures, lights and posters were in place and it looks like they’re moving in.

Scotch & Soda’s space has been reserved with a generic CFshops label, likely because it’ll be for Apple when they take possession of the space after Abercrombie closes their existing store.
0642F1D9-4267-46FD-BB56-8CCFFC214D0A.jpeg

B2 is now open in the former Ardène / Aeropostale space on Level 1. The Level 2 location is now closed.

A temporary pop-up shop for Vessi Shoes has opened in the former Hyba store.

The new Abercrombie is about to open soon, which means their old space will be taken over for Apple. That leaves Baby Gap. Some kind of new construction is taking place over the escalators beside Gap and Eddie Bauer - maybe an expansion for Gap?

20190423_113610_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Back