News   Apr 24, 2024
 974     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 627     0 

East Don Trail Project

Makes sense, thanks! The last update on the website on this extension was in Sep 2017, citing phase 1 completion in Spring 2018. Nothing else since (on Phase 2 or otherwise) (https://www.toronto.ca/community-pe...rastructure-projects/gatineau-corridor-trail/)... how does one stay on top of this?

edit: PS- joined this forum community after finding this thread! very helpful :)

It says completion was slated for Spring 2018, but did they complete it? Its not on GMaps and I havent heard anything about it

it looks nearly complete (asphalt laid, mostly just missing line painting) in google earth imagery from May.. so I would imagine it was finished over the summer and opened, yes.

Hmm, the new guy seems to have disappeared already.

In case anyone else wanted more current info on this project..........this is the TRCA's page on it.

https://yoursay.ca/east-don-trail

@robmausser and @innsertnamehere the Gatineau section from Eg to VP is in fact done and open, I've walked it.

Nothing special, quite short, but it is there.

But it won't cross Eglinton for another few years.

Update from TRCA

The latest construction updates for both Phase 1 and 2 of the East Don Trail are now available for download:

These documents contain a list of construction works that have been completed to date, along with upcoming work for winter/spring 2020. Visit our Document Library for all of the updates, including the most recent.

The East Don Trail website has been recently relocated. The Your Say website is no longer active, and all East Don Trail information can be found on the Conservation – Green Infrastructure section of the TRCA website at https://trca.ca/conservation/green-infrastructure/east-don-trail-project/.

Update from TRCA

The latest construction updates for both Phase 1 and 2 of the East Don Trail are now available for download:

These documents contain a list of construction works that have been completed to date, along with upcoming work for winter/spring 2020. Visit our Document Library for all of the updates, including the most recent.

The East Don Trail website has been recently relocated. The Your Say website is no longer active, and all East Don Trail information can be found on the Conservation – Green Infrastructure section of the TRCA website at https://trca.ca/conservation/green-infrastructure/east-don-trail-project/.
Why has this taken so long, I thought it was scheduled for spring, they're not even close. The trail is actually visible on google maps, just barely on satellite. Also no bridges have been built :(

Why has this taken so long, I thought it was scheduled for spring, they're not even close. The trail is actually visible on google maps, just barely on satellite. Also no bridges have been built :(

? The reports state that in phase 2 all three permanent bridges have been installed. In phase 1, one permanent bridge has been installed.

what you are seeing on Google maps is the man made (as in just toronto residents) trail that some of this trail is following.

Just because Google Maps says 2020 copyright in the corner does not mean that map is up to date.

Some of the map data shows the Georgetown South project still under construction....from 2014.

Recent pictures of the construction someone sent:

April 4 Pic 1.jpeg

April 4 Pic 2.jpeg

April 4 Pic 3.jpeg

Also, are the links below the best places to find the maps for the route for this new trail?

Update from TRCA

I ventured along a portion of the Phase 1 trail while doing some trail running in the area on the weekend. Most of the tree clearing and grading has been completed with a defined gravel trail laid down. Two out of 5 permanent bridges over Taylor Creek and the East Don have been installed. Decks for the other three are sitting by the temporary bridges waiting for the abutments to be constructed (foundations for one of the abutments has been excavated).

A permanent tunnel and an overpass are proposed for the two Metrolinx crossings. I believe temporary at-grade crossings will be built first. There has not been any tree clearing or grading within the trail alignment for the north and south approaches to the southern Metrolinx crossing. I didn't venture north of the northernmost bridge so I didn't see how the northern Metrolinx crossing is shaping up.

The current planned opening for Phase 1 is about a year from now. It's possible it could be done by then, but I think it will depend on the Metrolinx crossings.

Back