Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

I don't really understand how metric is "more accurate" than imperial. I have no problem working in decimal inches if that's what the job calls for, and millwrights routinely work down to thou tolerances. Accuracy has nothing to do with the system you're working in.

And "accuracy" is kind of an odd complaint to bring into construction. The tolerances built in most drawings are already taking into account the limitations of human measurements (not to mention variations in site conditions, material conditions, etc), and those errors are going to far exceed the mil here and there that you might gain by working in metric. I've worked on a few heritage buildings myself, and the built condition is generally so wonky that drawings turn into a bit of an interpretive art anyway.

Maybe it's more realistic to say that you have a preference for metric, which is neither more nor less rational than anyone else's preference for imperial?

Which system does the entire rest of the world use, less three pointless holdouts?

I actually think it looks better this time around. I feel like the roof was too bulky with the last design, with this it looks more ornamental and would look good amongst the flat rooftops in the Toronto skyline.

I'm really happy that the overall design didn't change too much.
I agree wholeheartedly. The previous design was way too bulky.

There was a front page story for the Chelsea project but there was no front page story on this project.

Side-by-side of original vs revised for easier comparison

881549C4-405D-449B-96C2-798BB1A0421D.jpeg

Has a tenant been mentioned yet?

It's not even approved yet, so there's nothing about tenants as of now. I wonder what major companies would even need a new building at the moment?

there might be some meetings going on behind the curtains but nothing has been announced.

I have this kind of eery feeling that by the time this reaches construction, the skygarden will be completely cutout and eliminated. Hopefully i'm wrong on that.

I have this kind of eery feeling that by the time this reaches construction, the skygarden will be completely cutout and eliminated. .
Haha, this is Oxford properties working with Rogers Stirk Harbour on an office building, not Canderel working with Graziani + Corazza on a apartment building

Back