News   Apr 23, 2024
 902     2 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 423     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Does anyone else find it funny that he's giving his number out? He will just get inundated with crank calls and angry text messages.
"Funny"? It's beyond bizarre. Even if he has the best of intentions, it won't result in anything but disasters. It's indicative of a man who has absolutely no grasp of his job.

"Funny"? It's beyond bizarre. Even if he has the best of intentions, it won't result in anything but disasters. It's indicative of a man who has absolutely no grasp of his job.

It seems that way, but it's an easy political move.

This allows him to maintain the 'I care about the little guy' mythology him and his late brother created. He doesn't have to actually return calls; his excuse can be all the left wing harassment he received at his number, stopping him from helping the honest, hardworking people of Ontario.

Meanwhile, he gives his real number to people who actually require it (like every other Premier/politician).

It seems that way, but it's an easy political move.

This allows him to maintain the 'I care about the little guy' mythology him and his late brother created. He doesn't have to actually return calls; his excuse can be all the left wing harassment he received at his number, stopping him from helping the honest, hardworking people of Ontario.

Meanwhile, he gives his real number to people who actually require it (like every other Premier/politician).
Even if he has the best of intentions, it won't result in anything but disasters.
Do you think the press won't make hey-day out of it? Maybe Ford can get away with shit on his face (more shit than there is already) but all of his handlers and cohorts are going to be aghast at what a shambles this is going to be.

Ford's already stuck in a pot-hole of his own making...

Do you think the press won't make hey-day out of it? Maybe Ford can get away with shit on his face (more shit than there is already) but all of his handlers and cohorts are going to be aghast at what a shambles this is going to be.

Ford's already stuck in a pot-hole of his own making...

They can, and I'm sure he's hoping they will.

The press is the enemy, remember?

FAKE NEWS trying to stop Doug from calling the little guy!

As reasonable as it seems to assume the Ford playbook is based on ignorance, there is a method to at least some of the madness.

They can, and I'm sure he's hoping they will.

The press is the enemy, remember?

FAKE NEWS trying to stop Doug from calling the little guy!

As reasonable as it seems to assume the Ford playbook is based on ignorance, there is a method to at least some of the madness.
The TorSun won't win him an election a second time.

In the Toronto Star today there's a picture of Doug holding a silver shovel at the LIUNA hall ( Labourer's Union ). Apparently, this construction union is supporting sluggo. Go figure.

Last edited:

It isn't just the Toronto Sun that won it for him though, was it?

I hope he doesn't win in four years, but I wouldn't underestimate him either. The PC brand still has tremendous equity. I'm not sure if that'll be the case down the road, but if the economy is doing well and the deficit eliminated people may not care to change governments.

In the Toronto Star today there's a picture of Doug holding a silver shovel at the LIUNA hall ( Labourer's Union ). Apparently, this construction union is supporting sluggo. Go figure.

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

Wynne fucked that union over. So they had a personal vendetta to see her turfed.

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

Wynne fucked that union over. So they had a personal vendetta to see her turfed.

LIUNA isn't exactly a squeaky clean union. The Commisso family liked to hang around the offices on Wilson Avenue. I hope some investigative reporters are following this story.

LIUNA isn't exactly a squeaky clean union. The Commisso family liked to hang around the offices on Wilson Avenue. I hope some investigative reporters are following this story.
Oh ya I won't disagree with that.

But the media in this city isn't really interested in uncovering those kind of stories.

The mafia is handled with kids gloves or is essentially ignored, even though there is a literal war going on in the GTA over territory.

And on a similar note I'd like to see someone expose Fords links to biker gangs

Indeed, I was told the exact same story, LIUNA is "allegedly" connected with organized crime, so connect the dots from there. Same as the whispers of a certain council candidate who allegedly has connections with an Albanian crime group.

Kathleen actually starting to only actually govern in the last 2 years of her term is why Ford lost.

Before then she did not do anything but make bad decisions that cost people a lot of money and people never forgave her for that.

This story is 4 years old.

No follow up and it totally forgotten
Not quite:
Former Chief-Of-Staff for Laborers International Union of North America

https://www.justice.gov/.../former-chief-staff-laborers-international-union-north-ameri...

Jan 19, 2018 - A former chief-of-staff for LIUNA in Washington D.C. was charged yesterday with health care fraud and stealing from LIUNA. Acting Assistant ...

Construction union dispute comes to a head at Queen's Park rally ...

https://torontosun.com/.../construction-union-dispute-comes-to-a-head-at-queens-park-ra...

Apr 23, 2018 - Members of LiUNA, the union representing construction labourers in Ontario, plan to protest what they call “draconian” measures tucked into ...

BONOKOSKI: Big construction union turns on Wynne | Toronto Sun

https://torontosun.com/opinion/.../bonokoski-big-construction-union-turns-on-wynne

Apr 23, 2018 - fordnation Feels the Power of #LiUNA at Queens Park as we rally against Schedule 14, against Favourtisim, against back door deals by ...

LIUNA Bosses Wallow in Corruption - National Institute for Labor ...

www.nilrr.org/2013/01/30/liuna-bosses-wallow-in-corruption/

Jan 30, 2013 - Could union bosses at the Laborers Internation Union of North America have any more sins to confess? Office staff at LIUNA headquarters ...
First four Google results for "liuna corruption"

Back