News   Apr 24, 2024
 945     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 616     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New Mainstreet poll:

https://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/t...er-with-significant-lead-in-toronto-danforth/

- Holyday and Campell neck-and-neck in Etobicoke Centre; Carnevale way behind in third
- Augimeri and Pasternak statistically tied in York Centre
- Fletcher leading by 12 points over Fragedakis in Toronto Danforth

If Augimeri can eek out a win against Pasternak and Peruzza beats Mammo then that is a huge win for progressives in Toronto and a better city council

Interesting to see Pasternak behind, I would have thought he had an advantage given the mega-ward boundaries seemingly favor him.

If Pasternak and Matlow both lose, there won't be a single Jewish city councillor in Toronto - when's the last time that was the case? Not that I think that's a big deal or a "problem" - certainly politicians like Joe Mihevc and Mike Colle (assuming he wins, I think he will) have good relationships with the Jewish communities they've represented over the years.

I really don't think the Mainstreet riding polls are THAT accurate, they are only good at seeing if it is a close race or if it seems to be a blowout. If it showed to be 10% lead or something I would say you have more of a case. Judging by the fundamentals of previous vote counts she should be at a disadvantage on paper but it is not area of the city I am that knowledgeable about or if there has been a popularity shift the past 4 years.

I am a bit disappointed the Tory didn't endorse more candidates publicly. I think he is afraid of political fallback if his choice loses. however, I think he is leaving room for a progressive takeover.

Campbell's not a very good councillor by any stretch, but it's pretty sad that he's barely leading a total idiot like Stephen Holyday.

Still, I think Campbell will eke out the win. He's got way more lawn signs out there.

Campbell's not a very good councillor by any stretch, but it's pretty sad that he's barely leading a total idiot like Stephen Holyday.

Still, I think Campbell will eke out the win. He's got way more lawn signs out there.

I agree that Campbell would be preferable. I'm happy to see that Carnevale, purportedly Ford and the PC machine's pick, is trailing behind both Holyday and Campbell.

So, a fringe candidate that some people might be familiar with is running in our ward and just knocked on our door. Anyone know who Raphael Rosch is? He ran for the PC nomination in Scarborough Centre.

I agree that Campbell would be preferable. I'm happy to see that Carnevale, purportedly Ford and the PC machine's pick, is trailing behind both Holyday and Campbell.

As I posted previously, never mind "purportedly"; DoFo has (or had when I checked last weekend) a Carnevale sign on his lawn.

Incidentally, does anyone know if there's an endorsement list from the realm of Flagg et al, along the lines of 43 Down in 2014? Or do we have to wait until the Sun offers its endorsements....

Ugh, Mammo is the worst:

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 10.42.34 AM.png

https://twitter.com/TiffanyFordTO/status/1052925521191948289

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 10.42.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 10.42.34 AM.png
    342.7 KB · Views: 729
The pollsters show results on the First Past The Post (FPTP) voting basis. Obviously, if they show a candidate with more than 50%, they would also be the winner with ranked ballots (IE. the majority race).

Wondered if the pollsters could show the results IF we had gone with ranked ballots. In other words, in addition to their first choice, they indicate their second and third choices.

Mammoliti sounds desperate, and I'm loving every minute of it. Having him turfed will make this entire mess of a process almost worth it.....

Back