Toronto 10 St Mary | 197.73m | 60s | Mattamy Homes | a—A

According to Realnet - Castlepoint have purchased 720 Yonge as part of this land assembly - but isn't that part of the Shoppers redevelopment to the north?

And thus they now have an assembly large enough to build a real tower on. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

I think a super-slim tower like the one proposed here was preferable to a tower with a larger floorplate. Just my opinion - it was shockingly narrow and made for an interesting effect.

Talked to the owner of the Shoppers at 718 Yonge today and he said he has already receuved notice that the developer bought 718 Yonge but has heard nothing about 720 Yonge. He also said the actual address of the new Shoppers is 722 Yonge. And all tenants of 10 St. Mary are supposed to be out by the end of this month.

Talked to the owner of the Shoppers at 718 Yonge today and he said he has already receuved notice that the developer bought 718 Yonge but has heard nothing about 720 Yonge. He also said the actual address of the new Shoppers is 722 Yonge. And all tenants of 10 St. Mary are supposed to be out by the end of this month.

If I'm interpreting things correctly, 720-728 + 3 Charles seem to be part of the same parcel of land, again as per the city's mapping.

upload_2017-11-2_15-50-39-png.126078

they would have been merged to construct the shoppers, though prior to that project they were probably different properties.

Young Steve Martin played banjo to an enthusiastic crowd in front of this building in his 1974 comedy special (starting around 2:09):

Back