Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

The developers behind this build believe bringing in the rising Nobu brand will up sales. I would think they did their homework. Of course, Trump was brought in for a project in Toronto to pad sales once too.

The developers behind this build believe bringing in the rising Nobu brand will up sales. I would think they did their homework. Of course, Trump was brought in for a project in Toronto to pad sales once too.
TBF at the time it worked. Then everyone found out how mis-represented it all was and of course he got access to the world stage and burned literally all his bridge (not that we couldn't see that coming given his gross history).

Well, there's also the fact that not everybody will be able to move into The One. Nor the Gehry's for that matter. There remain plenty of opportunities for deep-pocketed types to be able to score prime real estate in downtown towers.

The final event at Maison Mercer is being held this weekend. They're moving out after that. I'm told that engineers have been coming by every day during off hours and that demolition is ready to proceed as soon as the club moves out. There's a ton of A/V equipment that has to be disassembled. It's all hard wired and installed as permanent fixtures so it'll take some time to take it apart. My guess is that demo starts in July.

Demo today:

IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0211.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    320.5 KB · Views: 631
Well, there's also the fact that not everybody will be able to move into The One. Nor the Gehry's for that matter. There remain plenty of opportunities for deep-pocketed types to be able to score prime real estate in downtown towers.
Also that Gehry’s towers won’t ever get built. So another reason no one will ever move in there

Too bad about mascot brewery closing. Their rooftop patio was definitely one of the better ones around. Hopefully there will be a replacement rather than completely privatizing it for condo amenities

Yup! More the sky is falling noise. Much impatience on UT in general. This city has been rocketing along for years now and yet it's never quite fast enough for some.
Yeah, fair enough. I agree. But we also have to admit: this Gehry project has seemed moribund for years.

In other news--great to see this is going ahead. Mercer st. is so intense already. So this is gonna really up the density ante.

Back