Toronto Ontario Court of Justice Toronto | 95.7m | 17s | Infrastructure ON | Renzo Piano

Pic taken Aug 15, 2018

Sbkz1Aq.jpg

Likelihood of this project being caught up, at least temporarily, in the new government's spending review? Potential for a material delay or deferral? Major value re-engineering?

Likelihood of this project being caught up, at least temporarily, in the new government's spending review? Potential for a material delay or deferral? Major value re-engineering?
I don't think that is likely. Infrastructure Ontario is a crown corporation, not a ministerial agency. Not to say they are impervious to the new government's meddling, but their day-to-day operations and handling of projects is fairly independent from ministry interference, unlike say, a Metrolinx.

I don't think that is likely. Infrastructure Ontario is a crown corporation, not a ministerial agency. Not to say they are impervious to the new government's meddling, but their day-to-day operations and handling of projects is fairly independent from ministry interference, unlike say, a Metrolinx.
But isn't the province ultimately paying for this project? Yes, they will pay penalties for breaching a contract, but it's still doable.
I don't want to give them any ideas though.

Hasn't stopped them meddling with Hydro One.

I suppose the Province could be reviewing the decision to close the local courts and move them downtown.

Back