News   Apr 18, 2024
 720     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.7K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 

New rides at Wonderland

In other news, many roller coasters in Cedar Point now prohibit loose objects such as phones and even eyeglasses.

All-day lockers are installed for that very purpose.

Wonderland is going to do the same as well.

They can start by installing locker machines that 1) actually work, 2) accept change beyond $10, since the rental fee is at least $16, and 3) accept debit.

To be fair rollercoaster technology didn't get THAT good until late 80s/early 90s and just skyrocketed afterwards.

Dragonfyre was a quality coaster at the time. It was the mid 90s when Paramount took over that we really fell behind. After Vortex, all we got were mediocre to bad clones like Top Gun, Tomb Raider, The Fly and Italian Job Stunt Coaster.

Cedar Fair upped the game to what was happening at the time with Behemoth.

God Bless Dick Kinzel for making a financially bad decision and coming out on top to buy the Paramount parks.

They can start by installing locker machines that 1) actually work, 2) accept change beyond $10, since the rental fee is at least $16, and 3) accept debit.

I'm not saying I disagree with you..........however, I do have to ask at this juncture, do you have anything nice to say about anything anywhere? I'm sure you must have had a positive post at least once.....but every thread where I see you posting, its to dump on someone, something or somewhere.

There's plenty in this world to critique, I do my own share of that.

But surely you can find the odd thing you like? Just asking.

I'm not saying I disagree with you..........however, I do have to ask at this juncture, do you have anything nice to say about anything anywhere? I'm sure you must have had a positive post at least once.....but every thread where I see you posting, its to dump on someone, something or somewhere.

There's plenty in this world to critique, I do my own share of that.

But surely you can find the odd thing you like? Just asking.

The pink umbrellas at Sugar Beach are superb.

It's time for CW to bite the bullet and begin transitioning their parking lot to an all multi-level below ground garage. (They can also install a super-fast, looping people mover from Vaughan station to CW if they're so inclined...)

The parking lot frees up about 25 Hectares of land for future development. CW could create a massive indoor, year round structure that accommodates lots of 3D simulation/virtual reality rides/sports/games etc...

It's time for CW to embrace the future of thrill rides and VR entertainment instead of copying what was cool in Podonk Ohio a few years ago.

Just my 2 cents

It's time for CW to bite the bullet and begin transitioning their parking lot to an all multi-level below ground garage. (They can also install a super-fast, looping people mover from Vaughan station to CW if they're so inclined...)

The parking lot frees up about 25 Hectares of land for future development. CW could create a massive indoor, year round structure that accommodates lots of 3D simulation/virtual reality rides/sports/games etc...

It's time for CW to embrace the future of thrill rides and VR entertainment instead of copying what was cool in Podonk Ohio a few years ago.

Just my 2 cents

Meanwhile, Sandusky isn't a Podunk.

Why? Cedar Point has plans to construct a multi-level parking garage to free up space to expand the park proper. The garage had to be above-ground, as the ground is water-logged from being close to Lake Erie (and Cedar Point is a sand spit).

I've had far too many what if scenarios for Wonderland getting a parking garage.
I could see them getting rid of the South East parking lot to expand the park one day.

To be fair rollercoaster technology didn't get THAT good until late 80s/early 90s and just skyrocketed afterwards.

Dragonfyre was a quality coaster at the time. It was the mid 90s when Paramount took over that we really fell behind. After Vortex, all we got were mediocre to bad clones like Top Gun, Tomb Raider, The Fly and Italian Job Stunt Coaster.

Cedar Fair upped the game to what was happening at the time with Behemoth.

God Bless Dick Kinzel for making a financially bad decision and coming out on top to buy the Paramount parks.
Agreed. Wonderland really fell behind other parks during the Paramount years and has been playing catch up since. That said, I've always liked Italian Job. A ride doesn't have to be big to be fun. The rest of the Paramount clones are garbage though.

Looks like the new coaster is going to be a dive machine. I'd love to see something like Maverick get built, which along with Millennium Force is one of my favourites at Cedar Point. That and a really big wooden coaster. Wonderland's woodies are pretty mediocre.

I could see Flight Deck and Time Warp go at the same time.

As well, the go-karts are a fading thing in parks that I could see a great expansion on either Wild Beasts land or Dragon Fyre... depends on the style you want.

With CF hiring RMC, I do hope one of our woodie gets recreated soon

In other news, there are rumours that Cedar Point is going to remove Wicked Twister.

It would be great if Wonderland were to receive Wicked Twister, as Wonderland has no Intamin roller coasters (though Wonderland has three Intamin rides, none of which are unique to Wonderland) and Wicked Twister takes up a small footprint.

Wicked Twister is on the list of many people's most bizarre roller coasters as well (note the thumbnail showing the train next to one of Wicked Twister's ends):

Imagine this in Wonderland:

1280px-Wicked_twister1_CP.JPG

Last edited:
The Director of Social Media, Grace Peacock, confirmed that Orbiter, a 37 year old HUSS Skylab (Enterprise), is not coming back for the 2019 season. It was the only permanent version left in North America.

No replacement has been mentioned, though if I were to RMC Minebuster in the next few year, that would make a great enterance for it if they extended/altered the station over that way. Either that or perhaps invest in another unique European flat ride that would keep our collection superior to all the rest.

Back