News   Apr 18, 2024
 612     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

The crosstown doesn't count? I think everyone here supports a grade-separated Crosstown West extension...

I live near the proposed "Eglinton West LRT". I'll support an "at-grade" LRT, just as long as some sort of rapid transit happens sooner than later.

Stop treating the people of Etobicoke like second class citizens!

Actually Etobicoke will hopefully receive grade separation for the Eglinton West whereas Scarborough wont even receive that on the Western portion of the current Crosstown line. Happy for them if we can start building better detailed transit expansion

I wonder if the Scarborough subway pushers here would advocate for Etobicoke subway expansion with the same vigour. They're awfully quiet on that front.

Speak for yourself. I'd love nothing more than to see the Bloor-Danforth Line extended westwards at least to Sherway Gardens if not all the way into Mississauga towards Cooksville and Square One. Scarborough's the easier ask to tackle though because it's exclusively the City of Toronto's jurisdiction involved.

Speak for yourself. I'd love nothing more than to see the Bloor-Danforth Line extended westwards at least to Sherway Gardens if not all the way into Mississauga towards Cooksville and Square One. Scarborough can hold the rest of city hostage to pay for it's ridiculous projects.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Speak for yourself. I'd love nothing more than to see the Bloor-Danforth Line extended westwards at least to Sherway Gardens if not all the way into Mississauga towards Cooksville and Square One. Scarborough's the easier ask to tackle though because it's exclusively the City of Toronto's jurisdiction involved.
All the way to Hamilton! Yessir!

Fixed that for you. ;)
Well if Dug Deep gets his way, the TTC is migrating to the Province. Fiscal Conservatives will love that...So does that mean the "Special Levy" is dead? Or is it Sue Anne Levy is dead?

Tax Cuts for the People!

Ding Dong, the Which (sic) is Dead....

Fixed that for you. ;)

Downtowners can hold the rest of the City hostage for their $20+ billion pipe dream too, even with their far more advantaged transit network. Don't blame Scarborough for having better, more influential politicians backing them. ;)

All the way to Hamilton! Yessir!

As silly as that sounds, Ford has already said he wants it extended to Pickering. Oakville and Milton are the comparables to the west.

Burlington may not seem too far fetched at one point - never did I think there would be a premier suggesting Pickering needs a subway lol.

Downtowners can hold the rest of the City hostage for their $20+ billion pipe dream too, even with their far more advantaged transit network. Don't blame Scarborough for having better, more influential politicians backing them. ;)

For sure, that's why they haven't had any subway expansion downtown in over 50 years.

Good thinking!

Of course not - it's not a full scale subway.

To further highlight the deep oppression faced by Etobicoke, here a bizarre question period pivot from Ford: (along with an initial number for a few additional stops)

The premier continues: "The people of Scarborough are suffering. They’re suffering because there’s a two-tiered transit system: one for one part of the city and then one for our friends out in Scarborough. I can tell my friends in Scarborough, subways are coming to Scarborough." There is only an existing plan for one additional subway stop in Scarborough, although Ford mentioned Monday building three stops rather than one. Doing so would cost an estimated additional $1.3-billion.

It stands to reason the people of Etobicoke are suffering too! How dare anyone suggest an LRT in their community?!

This is all Ford can sell the subway with - identity politics and lies.

For sure, that's why they haven't had any subway expansion downtown in over 50 years.

Good thinking!

Downtown = 17 subway stations, 7 streeetcar lines
Etobicoke = 4 subway stations, 4 limited stopping express bus routes
Scarborough = 3 subway stations, 3 limited stopping express bus routes, soon-to-be defunct SRT

Downtown = 17 subway stations, 7 streeetcar lines
Etobicoke = 4 subway stations, 4 limited stopping express bus routes
Scarborough = 3 subway stations, 3 limited stopping express bus routes, soon-to-be defunct SRT

What is the population and employment density in these areas?

When was the subway built downtown, and why?

Back