Vaughan Yukon Striker at Canada's Wonderland | 67.97m | ?s | Cedar Fair

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
Cedar Fair knows very well that Canada's Wonderland is the most profitable and most attended of all seasonal theme parks in North America, even beating the flagship Cedar Point consistently!

Here are more videos about the upcoming dive coaster:

There's a great chance that the roller coaster would be named Ziz, be themed on the Klondike Gold Rush, and be classified as a giga coaster (it's already confirmed to be a dive coaster).

According to multiple sources they are starting construction on the station and multiple track pieces being moved into position.

While also paying homage to Skyrider.

Tallest dive, most inversions, tallest inversion and longest Dive I believe.

I'm happy with the rendering, I'm just wondering why would you have that last bit after the mcbr... oh well, can't wait to ride it in April!

Last edited:
cw-yukonstriker-icon.png

Designed by: Bolliger & Mabillard
Coaster type: Dive
Height of drop: 245 feet (75 metres) *includes underground tunnel
Top Speed: 130 km/h (80 mph)
Inversions: 4
Length: 3,625 feet (1,105 metres)
Duration: 3 minutes, 25 seconds
Trains: 3
Riders per Train: 24

World Records:

The fastest dive coaster at 130 km/h (80 mph)
The longest dive coaster at 3,625 feet (1,105 metres)
Tallest dive coaster at 245 feet (75 metres) - includes underground

cw-yukonstriker-banner4.jpg

cw-yukonstriker-banner3.jpg

cw-yukonstriker-banner1.jpg

cw-yukonstriker-banner.jpg

Attachments

• cw-yukonstriker-banner.jpg
    cw-yukonstriker-banner.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,555
  • cw-yukonstriker-banner1.jpg
    cw-yukonstriker-banner1.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,635
  • cw-yukonstriker-banner3.jpg
    cw-yukonstriker-banner3.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 2,106
  • cw-yukonstriker-banner4.jpg
    cw-yukonstriker-banner4.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,828
  • cw-yukonstriker-icon.png
    cw-yukonstriker-icon.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 1,587
I like how the ride goes over several other rides, as well as over pedestrian areas. It used to be that all of the coasters were self contained.

Interesting that they're incrementally recreating the whole 'Frontier Canada' section, which was originally planned but never built.

Just wish they were using another colour. The track looks like it's the same colour as the Behemoth.

It's pretty much identical to SkyRider's colours, which I always loved. And the vertical loop and the elements after the brake run feel like a nod to SkyRider as well.

I would love for there to be fog coming out of the tunnel with dark blue lighting, and a good light package for those end of the night rides. And hopefully they replace any trees they are taking out for this since Soaring Timbers and Lumberjack have already got rid of a lot of mature trees in the space.

Last edited:
While also paying homage to Skyrider.

Tallest dive, most inversions, tallest inversion and longest Dive I believe.

I'm happy with the rendering, I'm just wondering why would you have that last bit after the mcbr... oh well, can't wait to ride it in April!
I like the way the ride interacts with Vortex, which is one Wonderland's best rides. That last bit at the end looks like it will mirror Vortex's helix. Those two coasters will make a great 1-2 punch in that part of the park.

Back