Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

Continued demolition today.
45D80410-4E10-4B7C-A35E-1993652C8773.jpeg

Attachments

• 45D80410-4E10-4B7C-A35E-1993652C8773.jpeg
    45D80410-4E10-4B7C-A35E-1993652C8773.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 841
So we now have 33 Yorkville, 1 Yorkville, 8 Cumberland, and The One all within a block and all going up at the same time. Amazing how fast this area is growing!

So we now have 33 Yorkville, 1 Yorkville, 8 Cumberland, and The One all within a block and all going up at the same time. Amazing how fast this area is growing!
I don't think we do have 33 Yorkville going up yet. As best as I can tell, there hasn't even been a Site Plan Application for it yet (unless somehow I/we missed that and all of the material is already gone from the City's Development Applications page—which would be odd)… so we may have some demolition in advance of 33 Yorkville, but that's it for the moment AFAIK. Anyone have better intel? I'd be happy to be corrected on this!

I don't think we do have 33 Yorkville going up yet. As best as I can tell, there hasn't even been a Site Plan Application for it yet (unless somehow I/we missed that and all of the material is already gone from the City's Development Applications page—which would be odd)… so we may have some demolition in advance of 33 Yorkville, but that's it for the moment AFAIK. Anyone have better intel? I'd be happy to be corrected on this!

I believe the site plan had conditional approval from the OMB during the Kingsett approvals, so any modifications to the site plan (by Cresford purchasing it and tweaking the design) would go to the OMB for approval, therefor not showing up on the development application website. i could be wrong however, but it seems very odd to me that Cresford wouldn't have yet filed site plan given that they went into sales probably well over a year ago for this now.

It must be something like that, then. Thanks!

In the meantime, I have dug up these four demolition permits on the City's Building Permits pages:

Application: Demolition Folder (DM)
Location: 27-29 YORKVILLE AVE TORONTO ON M4W 1L1 Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 17 244410 DEM 00 DM
Issued Date: Nov 7, 2017
Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential
Work: Demolition
Description: Proposed demolition of existing 2-storey multiple unit building, foundation removal and backfill to grade.

Location: 37 YORKVILLE AVE TORONTO M4W 1J5 Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 17 244421 DEM 00 DM
Issued Date: Jan 16, 2018
Description: Proposed demolition of existing 6-storey multiple unit building, foundation removal and backfill to grade.

Location: 26-32 CUMBERLAND ST TORONTO M4W 1J5 Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 17 244393 DEM 00 DM
Issued Date: Nov 7, 2017
Description: Proposed demolition of existing 2-storey multiple unit building, foundation removal and backfill to grade.

Location: 37 YORKVILLE AVE TORONTO M4W 1J5 Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 17 244421 DEM 00 DM
Issued Date: Jan 16, 2018
Description: Proposed demolition of existing 6-storey multiple unit building, foundation removal and backfill to grade.​

But wait, there's more!

Application: Mechanical(MS)
Location: 50 CUMBERLAND ST TORONTO ON M4W 1J5 Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 18 197356 HVA 00 MS
Accepted Date: Jul 20, 2018
Work: Building Permit Related(MS)
Description: HVAC - Proposal for interior alterations for the temporary closure of a convenience connection (tunnel) between Cumberland Terrace and 37 Yorkville to allow for the redevelopment of 37 Yorkville. Convenience address is 33 Yorkville Ave.​

and finally this, for the moment…

Application: Building Additions/Alterations
Location: 50 CUMBERLAND ST TORONTO ON M4W 1J5 Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 18 197356 BLD 00 BA
Accepted Date: Jul 20, 2018
Work: Interior Alterations
Description: Proposal for interior alterations for the temporary closure of a convenience connection (tunnel) between Cumberland Terrace and 37 Yorkville to allow for the redevelopment of 37 Yorkville. Convenience address is 33 Yorkville Ave.​

…so there's a lot more demolition coming, and one permit to reapply for after making some changes to their plans for temporarily closing the tunnel.

Cumberland between Yonge and Bay is one of the dreariest streets downtown, thanks to the block-long street-killing Cumberland Terrace on its south side. Hopefully, all these condo developments on the north side will bring some semblance of life to this stretch, although as long as CT still stands, it will never be as vibrant as the section between Bay and Avenue.

Ok my bad, I assumed demolition meant construction was soon to follow. I didn't realize there are still more approvals needed.

Back