Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

Park Lawn GO station: it is now on the go.......

P1.jpg
P2.jpg

Per the Metrolinx rep at the meeting that photo was taken at, that plan is notional only, not even "conceptual", and just shows that a station with 8-car platforms will fit there. There's been no surveying of the site yet, nor any look at the topography (especially important where the land starts to fall away near the Mimico Creek), nor any discussions with First Capital re: putting a parking lot on their land, nor the City of Toronto regarding use of the triangle of land to the north.

Essentially, that plan has little to no bearing on what may end up there, and doesn't even consider where platforms extended to fit all 12 cars would go.

Per the Metrolinx rep at the meeting that photo was taken at, that plan is notional only, not even "conceptual", and just shows that a station with 8-car platforms will fit there. There's been no surveying of the site yet, nor any look at the topography (especially important where the land starts to fall away near the Mimico Creek), nor any discussions with First Capital re: putting a parking lot on their land, nor the City of Toronto regarding use of the triangle of land to the north.

Essentially, that plan has little to no bearing on what may end up there, and doesn't even consider where platforms extended to fit all 12 cars would go.

I would assume First Capital would be super stoked, considering it increases the value of the land but also increases the chances of building bigger buildings there.

Though the area will need that waterfront LRT to really hammer it home

Oh they are - I believe that they have even offered to pay for part of the station, much like First Gulf is doing at its East Harbour site.
They did offer to pay for a large chunk of it, in exchange for more density. Tory immediately rebuffed and rejected the offer. However as we progress further along the process, there is fair reason to be skeptical of his "rejection" and ultimately I believe both him and Mark Grimes will try and make a deal as low key as possible so it's not subject to public backlash and scrutiny.

They did offer to pay for a large chunk of it, in exchange for more density. Tory immediately rebuffed and rejected the offer. However as we progress further along the process, there is fair reason to be skeptical of his "rejection" and ultimately I believe both him and Mark Grimes will try and make a deal as low key as possible so it's not subject to public backlash and scrutiny.

Gee yeah, if the city wants transit stations, parks, new roads, etc. on private lands, its only fair the city give up more density
..when all said and done i predict the city will get what it wants and First Capital gets to build a bunch of retail and mixed use buildings similar or taller to whats across the street (50-70s)

It is not a bad thing that Park Lawn has higher density as downtown sooner or later. Now I am thinking when Ontario Food Terminal will move out of that area

London-based Allies and Morrison to lead the masterplanning:
http://www.alliesandmorrison.com/news/a-new-neighbourhood-in-toronto/
First Capital Realty Inc has selected Allies and Morrison as the lead masterplanner to transform its 28-acre property in the attractive, high-growth Humber Bay Shores area in the city of Toronto – a unique opportunity to develop an integrated urban centre at the western gateway to Toronto’s downtown core. A design team led by Allies and Morrison will now develop proposals to shape the future of this strategically important site. The team also includes Edinburgh-based landscape architects Gross Max and London-based engineers AKT ll.

Back