Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

^^^What's that structure at the top of the south side seating? Is it permanent or temporary?
It is a big group box/loge with food service included in tickets....think it costs ~$175 per match which is really a good way for the club to monetize a not so premium view of match into premium revenue.

As for the structure....it would likely be best described as permanent temporary space....the actual structure (like the stand on the north side) is temporary in nature but there are no plans to (re)move it so it has a level of permanence.

They should build up the South stand and also add the North stand to the same specs as the Argos CFL final and make it permanent. Having a larger and higher north stand would also help with reducing the wind which is bad at times especially early in the season and obviously late summer and fall.

They should build up the South stand and also add the North stand to the same specs as the Argos CFL final and make it permanent. Having a larger and higher north stand would also help with reducing the wind which is bad at times especially early in the season and obviously late summer and fall.
I think this past Sunday was their first league sell out of the season and I am pretty sure the Argos have not come close.....what business case is there for adding all of these additional seats you speak of?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the BMO will welcome the Toronto Wolfpack next year if they make it to the Rugby Premier League?
Turf conditions caused by the irrelevant CFL team sharing the field are already causing problems for TFC. This was supposed to be a soccer-specific stadium and now we're talking about mucking it up further with the sport known for causing immense field damage?

Turf conditions caused by the irrelevant CFL team sharing the field are already causing problems for TFC. This was supposed to be a soccer-specific stadium and now we're talking about mucking it up further with the sport known for causing immense field damage?

I'd like to find another home for the Argos, and the Wolfpack can share it with them. Since the Argos have arrived, the grass quality has severely declined. BMO should be soccer-specific once more.

Is it possible to upgrade Lamport to 18 to 20K ? Wolfpack would need 10 to 12K, and the Argos would prolly want 20K.

Is it possible to upgrade Lamport to 18 to 20K ? Wolfpack would need 10 to 12K, and the Argos would prolly want 20K.

I think building a new stadium would be easiest. 18-20k people is a big jump for Lamport, plus for the Argos they would want modern broadcasting facilities, corporate boxes, and proper change rooms.

No, it was originally intended as a stadium for both soccer and football. While it wasn't built that way, the recent renovations bring it a bit closer to its originally intended purpose.

Attitudes like yours make me sad. Toronto must be the only city where fans of one sports team are actively hostile to other local teams. Usually people are fans of all the teams in their city.

Last edited:
I think building a new stadium would be easiest. 18-20k people is a big jump for Lamport, plus for the Argos they would want modern broadcasting facilities, corporate boxes, and proper change rooms.
'

Which if the Wolfpack get promoted - will likely need too. Lamport's bare bones only works for the lower two tiers, once in the top tier they need modern broadcasting facilities, video upgrades for the video referee (that has been a huge gripe when Super League teams play here - no video referee), modern change rooms etc. At this point it looks like the Wolfpack will need to win the 4/5 game to get promotion. If they do get promoted, a lot more money comes into the club via TV revenues and no longer needing to pay for teams to travel here.

No, it was originally intended as a stadium for both soccer and football. While it wasn't built that way, the recent renovations bring it a bit closer to it's originally intended purpose.

Attitudes like yours make me sad. Toronto must be the only city where fans of one sports team are actively hostile to other local teams. Usually people are fans of all the teams in their city.

It's actually a normal attitude - Soccer teams hate having Rugby teams play in their stadiums, and vice versa. A couple do groundshare and the fan bases do gripe like we do in Toronto, except here it's Football, not rugby thats causing the gripe.

Back